ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Sebastian Cheeks, More 2022 Recruiting Notes

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** Michigan hosted Rivals250 Evanston (Ill.) Township linebacker Sebastian Cheeks for a mid-week official visit. That visit is over, and there seems to be some cautious optimism coming out of Ann Arbor. I'm looking forward to talking to Cheeks more after this weekend. Right now, he is still in the processing stage and is already on another visit. Shortly after leaving Ann Arbor, Cheeks hopped on a plane for an official visit with Oregon, which is a school he's liked since the very beginning of the process. North Carolina and Texas have been mainstays and are still under strong consideration as well. From knowing Cheeks, he's going to finish up his trips, lay low for a little bit and talk things over with his family before making a well-informed decision later in the summer. As for Michigan's other mid-week visitor, Keon Sabb, the OV is wrapping up. I'll have more this weekend but wouldn't be super optimistic.

*** Three-star Manor (Texas) High athlete Che Nwabuko recently named Michigan in his final five and is looking to make an official visit in September. Nwabuko recently made an official visit to Marshall and is set to see Pitt this weekend. Liberty and Purdue are the other schools still in the mix for Nwabuko. After missing out on Kaleb Brown earlier this cycle, Nwabuko is a prospect that can fit that role. He plays a lot of running back at the high school level but projects best as a slot receiver at the next level. Nwabuko runs a 10.44 100m, and U-M offensive coordinator Josh Gattis is continuing to push to get him in his 'speed in space' offense.

*** Michigan is looking to get a couple of top Pacific Northwest prospects on campus soon. The Wolverines invited Vancouver (Wash.) Union wide receiver Tobias Merriweather to the Big House BBQ in July, but he is more likely to come in when the Wolverines play Washington in September. The same goes for Rivals100 Seattle (Wash.) Rainer Beach offensive lineman Josh Conerly — though Conerly is looking to make it work so he can come in the summer. Three-star offensive lineman Mark Nabou should be back in Ann Arbor for the Washington for his OV.

*** I've moved my FutureCast pick from Michigan to Auburn for three-star Jacksonville (Fla.) Bartram Trail linebacker Micah Pollard. There was a lot of buzz that Pollard would commit to Michigan on June 4 during his official visit. In fact, some expected it. Since then, however, Pollard has slowly started to trend away. Auburn seems in a really good spot to land him after hosting him for a visit. I've also moved my pick from Michigan to Tennessee for three-star defensive tackle Jordan Phillips. Another commit candidate, Phillips has slowly been trending away from the Wolverines. He now has bigger options in the south, with Tennessee being his next visit. Phillips' mother is from Tennessee, and his good friend is actually Joe Milton. Note: I would have moved both to foggy, but Rivals doesn't have that option.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News