ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: New FutureCast Pick In

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** This is developing rapidly, but there is plenty of optimism around Michigan that the Wolverines have immediately taken the lead for new JUCO defensive lineman Jeffrey M'ba. He is slated to make an official visit to Miami this weekend but is already looking to make an official visit to U-M for the game against Ohio State. I'm told a decision will likely come around December as M'ba still has some classes to get sorted out before he graduates. If he gets those boxes checked, I'm expecting him in the class..

*** Michigan doesn't normally offer JUCO recruits. However, M'ba is a special situation. He's not a true JUCO recruit in the sense that he's an international student that had some paperwork issues. There is confidence that Michigan will be able to get him admitted, and that's why the Wolverines extended a scholarship. Again, I think the academic part will sort itself out. M'ba is set to graduate in December and would enroll in January at the school of his choice. His scholarship would be a part of the 2022 class. As I've mentioned before, Michigan is looking to take around 25.

*** Michigan is surging here thanks to its relationship with M'ba. The Wolverines recruited him when he was a high school prospect, so there is plenty of familiarity. Michigan also has a weapon in this recruitment in staffer Biff Poggi. M'ba was supposed to enroll at Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances when Biff Poggi was the head coach there, but things ultimately fell through. Now, Poggi has Michigan in a great spot. Miami is U-M's biggest competition with Mississippi State making a run as well.

*** I caught up with M'ba's defensive line coach, Pierre Leonard, earlier today and he told me that M'ba can play nose or three at the next level. M'ba has been doing a little bit of everything along the defensive line for Independence C.C. and Leonard told me that he is really coming on strong as their regular season gets ready to wrap up. A 6-foot-6, 310 pounds, M'ba would likely be a three in Michigan's defense and provide immediate depth. I'll have more from Leonard tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News