ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Mother Of Rivals250 WR Semaj Morgan Has Michigan On Top

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
I recently caught up with Erika Morgan, mother of 2023 Rivals250 West Bloomfield (Mich.) High WR Semaj Morgan, to get her thoughts on Michigan, their visit for the home opener against Western Michigan and more.

Here are some highlights from our interview.

On her first game experience at Michigan:

"The atmosphere is absolutely amazing. The love the coaching staff showed was phenomenal. It seemed genuine. The people were great. There were so many people. They even had people parachuting out of the sky. It was amazing. I just liked everything about the game. I watched the offensive scheme. I think they are going in a good direction. I want to see the slot receivers getting the ball more. But I liked (AJ) Henning. (Ronnie) Bell got injured, so we're praying for him. Donovan (Edwards) did great, and we're super proud of him. (JJ) McCarthy's first touchdown was amazing. It was great."

On the Michigan coaching staff:

"From the time they began recruiting Semaj, Coach (Jim) Harbaugh, Coach (Josh) Gattis, Coach (Steve) Casula and Coach (Ron) Bellamy have all been great. They've shown us love. They've shown us that they really value their players academically as students and as athletes. During the visit, they came and sat with us and talked to us. One thing I respect is that they want to know about the family and not just my son. They want to know about us and how the recruiting process is going for everybody. I like that they take an active interest in what's going on with the family. That means a lot."

On how impressed she is with Michigan early on:

"Michigan is one of the top schools in the nation. It's always been at the top of my list. It's a great school academically. I was impressed when we toured the dorms and went into the business school. It seemed second to none. I'm really big on academics. I want my son to get a great education and be a productive citizen in society. I think Michigan is one of those top tier schools that can get him there and help him achieve his long-term endeavors. I'm very impressed."

On what they are looking for in a school:

"The No. 1 thing for me is that it feels like home to Semaj. Also, how he fits into the program and how he'll be used. Will they utilize his talents and cultivate the gift he has? That's huge. I just want to make sure it's a good fit. Academics, of course. Michigan is at the top of my list. I would say No. 1. But the decision is ultimately going to be up to Semaj. He has to feel comfortable. He has the connect with the coaching staff and the school itself."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News