ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: More Will Johnson, Texas Recruit To Visit Michigan

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** Michigan is the favorite for five-star 2022 Grosse Pointe (Mich.) South cornerback Will Johnson, but USC is not dead in the water yet. As I mentioned last night, USC is the biggest threat to Michigan — not Ohio State. Johnson enjoyed his visit there, and, of course, Domani Jackson is committed there as well. I'm told USC is making an all out recruiting pitch to Johnson with Donte Williams leading the way. Williams is known as the best recruiter out West and is a guy both Will and his father, Deon, really like. Will is hearing what he has to say. At the same time, I still like my Michigan pick and don't have any reason to come off of it at this time. Mo Linguist and co. are recruiting the hell out of him as well. By the way, Will really does not want any leaks, so I think he's going to play it close to the vests with the staffs.

*** Rising 2022 Katy (Texas) High wide receiver Nicholas Anderson is planning to make a visit to Michigan in the near future. Anderson is the younger brother of Cincinnati Bengals running back Rodney Anderson, and his family wants to get up to the Midwest to see him and check out U-M. New Michigan wide receivers coach Ron Bellamy has been recruiting the three-star prospect hard and played with his trainer, Margin Hooks, in the NFL. Anderson is very open to leaving the Lone Star State and is also interested in programs like Cal, Notre Dame and Stanford.

*** Bellamy is getting on the phone with Irmo (S.C.) Dutch Fork wide receivers coach Jason Barnes this weekend. Barnes played at South Carolina but actually held an offer from Michigan as a recruit and is excited that the Wolverines are recruiting his star pass catcher, three-star 2022 wide out Antonio Williams, who is absolutely blowing up on the trail. Williams just notched a Michigan scholarship this month but is already building a great relationship with Bellamy. And it's clear Bellamy is making him one of his priority targets early on. Williams also holds offers from Auburn, Georgia, Notre Dame, USC and others.

*** Lastly, I put in a pick for three-star 2022 Mansfield (Texas) Timberview safety Landon Hullaby to land at Texas. I'm hearing that he could side with the Longhorns this weekend. Hullaby was one of the first prospects that new Michigan Co-DC Mo Linguist offered, but it seems like he wants to stay closer to home. Hullaby also has a brother on the Texas roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News