ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Chips: Michigan In Running For Five-Star DT?

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** There have been some questions in regards to five-star 2021 Bellevue (Wash.) Eastside Catholic defensive lineman JT Tuimoloau. I recently had an update with him and not much has changed since then. Michigan has been video chatting with Tuimoloau, and it is a school he may visit once the dead period is over. He likes the program and the fact that defensive line coach Shaun Nua has strong Polynesian ties. However, this one is still an uphill battle. If he doesn't stay closer to home and side with Washington, Ohio State has the edge in regards to out of region schools.

*** Tuimoloau happens to be a close friend and teammate of new offensive tackle offer William Reed. The three-star 2021 prospect from Bellevue (Wash.) Eastside Catholic is a real possibility and could certainly help with Tuimoloau. Reed is not afraid to leave the Pacific Northwest and is looking for a school with high-level academics — that's his top priority. Reed has only talked with Nua, but I'm expecting him to get on the line with offensive line coach Ed Warinner and head coach Jim Harbaugh. That should give us a better idea of where he sits on he board.

*** Michigan is also in the mix for another Pacific Northwest prospect in three-star 2021 Clackamas (Ore.) High athlete Patrick Hisatake. The Wolverines are recruiting him as a versatile defensive lineman that can be a pass rusher of a five-technique. Hisatake is building a strong relationship with Nua and named the Wolverines in his Top 10 this week. He would like to see Ann Arbor after the dead period.

*** Top Michigan cornerback target Avante Dickerson gave Minnesota a surprising commitment this week. Nebraska was considered the overall favorite, and Michigan was making a strong run. His decision pretty much came out of left field. I'm told Michigan is going to continue to recruit him. In related news, Rivals250 defensive lineman Aaron Armitage did not include Michigan in his Top 5. I logged a FutureCast pick in favor of Stanford.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News