ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Michigan Gearing Up For Push With Rivals250 Recruit

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of TheWolverine.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** New Michigan offensive line coach Sherrone Moore has been working hard on 2022 Rivals250 Maplewood (Minn.) Hill Murray offensive tackle Lucas Heyer over the last couple of week. The U-M staff is scheduled to have a big call with Heyer this weekend as the Wolverines look to close early. I've gone ahead and logged a FutureCast pick in favor of Michigan. I have reason to believe Michigan leads heading into the weekend and believe Moore and company can get him onboard sooner than latter. Heyer is also high on schools like Minnesota, Northwestern and Stanford, but again, I feel like the Wolverines are in a really good spot heading into the call.

*** Four-star 2022 Greenwood Village (Colo.) Cherry Creek offensive tackle George Fitzpatrick did make it to Michigan for a self-guided tour last weekend. Fitzpatrick hardly does interviews and is extremely quiet, so I haven't gotten much from him. However, I spoke to a source close to the Michigan program, and he told me that the visit went really well. Fitzpatrick is a prospect the Wolverines are pushing for and one I could easily see in the class. I haven't put in a FutureCast just yet, but I am close. I just want to see if I can link up directly with him first. He also has some big offers from schools like Florida, Notre Dame, Texas and USC.

*** Michigan made the Top 13 for Rivals100 Charlestown (Ind.) High offensive tackle Kiyaunta Goodwin. Goodwin holds more than 50 offers, so this is actually a pretty substantial cut. However, Michigan still has plenty of work to do here. Ohio State is the heavy favorite for Goodwin early on and is pushing to close with him. Alabama and Clemson are two other schools that are considered top tier players for Goodwin. Overall, winning over Goodwin looks like an uphill battle for Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News