ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Chips: Michigan Commit On The Fence?

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** There has been some buzz that 2020 Michigan tight end commit Nick Patterson is wavering. I checked in with some sources close to Patterson, the brother of Michigan quarterback Shea Patterson, and that does appear to be the case. Patterson actually made a visit to Georgia Tech last weekend, and the Yellow Jackets have made a strong push.

*** According to one source, Patterson is looking for an easier path to early playing time. Michigan may not offer that for him and thus, he’s looking at other schools. As mentioned, Georgia Tech is a factor. And I’m told Patterson is seriously considering Georgia Tech after his trip out there. It’s been a rocky start for Shea in Ann Arbor, so that certainly isn’t helping the situation either. At this point, it may be more likely that Nick doesn’t sign with Michigan.

*** I reported earlier this week that Michigan defensive line commit Aaron Lewis would be in town for the game against Notre Dame on Oct. 26. Lewis actually has another visit scheduled as he will also be in the Big House on Nov. 30 for the game against Ohio State. He is completely solid to the Wolverines at this time.

*** Fellow 2020 Michigan defensive line commit Kris Jenkins is also scheduled to make his way to Ann Arbor for an unofficial visit. The Olney (Md.) Good Counsel product plans to be in the Big House for Michigan’s clash against Notre Dame on Oct. 26. Like Lewis, Jenkins is fully locked in with the Wolverines at this time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News