ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Chips: Latest On Rocco Spindler; UM Reaches Out To 5-Star CB

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** Rivals100 2021 offensive lineman Rocco Spindler released his Top 10 schools today. Obviously, Michigan made the cut. The Wolverines have always been a frontrunner for Spindler and will host him for an unofficial visit soon. Expect UM to get an official visit as well. Spindler feels comfortable with the program and the coaching staff and is also in regular contact with Michigan quarterback commit JJ McCarthy. This one just makes a lot of sense.

*** It's not all sunshine and rainbows with Spindler. Notre Dame is doing everything it can to land Spindler and has really closed the gap. Irish offensive line coach Jeff Quinn is one of their better recruiters, and they've taken an entire staff approach here. Brian Kelly is personally involved, and he doesn't get too involved very often. Spindler is visiting there March 20, which is a huge date. A lot of ND commits and targets will be in South Bend that weekend.

*** Ohio State remains a player for Spindler as well. In fact, Spindler has already locked in his official visit to OSU, which is set to take place on May 1. Spindler was last in Columbus for the Ohio State-Penn State game and really enjoyed his time on campus. Obviously, Ohio State has pitched him on recent success as well as NFL development. I would say OSU is third right now, but I would never count the Buckeyes out.

*** Michigan cornerbacks coach Michael Zordich reached out to the father of five-star 2021 cornerback Tony Grimes earlier today. According to Grimes' father, Zordich is hearing 'conflicting information.' Obviously, that's vague, and I'm not really sure what it means. Grimes' father added that he is set to have a conference call featuring himself, Tony and Zordich this week to discuss Michigan's pursuit of the family. Grimes recently left Michigan off his top schools list, but he was very interested in UM early in the process before contact fell off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News