ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Latest On Kody Jones, More From VTO Memphis Camp

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of TheWolverine.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** Four-star Germantown (Tenn.) High defensive back Kody Jones made his way to the VTO Sports camp in Memphis today but did not workout. Jones has been playing club 7v7 throughout the offseason and wanted to take a weekend off. On the recruiting front, Jones is still locked in with Michigan. He is continuing to speak to Michigan co-defensive coordinator Mo Linguist on a weekly basis and is building a bond with the guys in the 2022 class — a lot of his contact has been with five-star pledge Will Johnson. Jones originally told me he would be making his official visit to Michigan on June 11. The correct date, however, is June 18. And that means Jones will have an opportunity to strengthen his friendship with Johnson and recruit good friend and five-star defensive tackle Walter Nolen.

*** Former Michigan defensive back Jeremy LeSueur was at the camp as a spectator and decked out in Michigan gear. Jeremy LeSueur now lives in Memphis and has befriended Jones' father, Keith. The two speak all the time and hung out with each other during their time at the camp. LeSueur did not want to be quoted on the record, but I don't think he'll mind if I tell you that he's very excited about new hires Ron Bellamy and Courtney Morgan. LeSueur played with both at Michigan and is excited about what they're bringing to the program. LeSueur is especially close to Bellamy, and the two are in contact all the time.

*** I wrote some insider notes on five-star Cordova (Tenn.) St. Benedict defensive tackle Walter Nolen, which you can read here. Nolen and Jones go way back and are great friends. They had a lot of fun hanging out together, and I know both are pumped up to get to Michigan for their official visits. Obviously, that linked piece is loaded with info on Nolen, so I wanted to take some time to talk about his younger brother, 2025 offensive lineman Warren Nolen. Michigan has already offered Warren, which I know means a lot to Walter. Warren was extremely excited about the Wolverines and is ready to learn more about the program. Right now, Nolen plays right tackle, but it will be interesting to see how he develops. After all, he is just a 13-year-old eighth grader. Neither Walter nor Warren participated in the camp.

*** The most impressive prospect that did participate in the camp was four-star 2022 Memphis (Tenn.) Pure quarterback Tevin Carter. And it wasn't even close. Michigan offered Carter early, but contact completely fell off. With that said, there is still room for Michigan to reenter the picture. I talked to Carter before the camp and while he recently released a Top 2 of Memphis and Texas A&M, he has delayed his decision and told me that he would love to hear from the Wolverines again. Carter has a lot of arm talent and can move, too. I know the staff loves Nate Johnson, but I would reevaluate Carter. He's really impressed this offseason, and I think he's a safer take albeit with a lower ceiling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News