ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: JJ McCarthy Has Some Things To Say

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** I recently caught up with Rivals100 Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy quarterback JJ McCarthy. You can read my full story with him here. I left out a few quotes and wanted to share them with you guys. The first is a vintage JJ quote. Here is what he said after I asked him if he was excited about his five touchdown performance on national television: "No. Honestly, I felt like I had a terrible game. As an offense, we were not satisfied at all. We are always pushing ourselves. What we showed on ESPN is definitely not what we are going to show at the end of the year."

*** On playing against Junior Colson this week: "“That’s going to be a lot of fun. Me and Junior text all the time and Snapchat. We’re really good buds. It’s going to be awesome to play against him knowing we’re going to be teammates for the next four years. It’s awesome that it’s going to be on ESPN, too, so we can share that experience together.”

*** On his recent calls with the staff: "I was at the point where I told Coach (Jim Harbaugh) that he doesn't have to worry about me. I'm going to be there. We talk every now and then but not every day. That's been good for both of us because I'm focused on my season here. They are focused on the chaos up there. I talk to them probably once a week. It's been good. It's mostly about the season."

*** On the 2021 class bond: "We have a group chat, and we talk in that every single day. We are always keeping in touch with each other. We are always pulling for each other and keeping track of all the games we're playing in."

*** On playing with Greg Crippen: "Greg is the man. When I came here, I was excited and eager to see how he was and see who my center is going to be for the next five years. It's a no brainer. I want him over anyone else. He's something special. I can't wait to be behind him at Michigan."

*** On who he is recruiting: "I'm just focused on the season. I haven't been doing too much recruiting. But I have been on Tyler Booker a lot. He's on our team, and that kid is special. He's an example of what Michigan wants. It's easier to pull for him since he's on my team. It's of huge importance to get him to Michigan."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News