ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Chips: Jim Harbaugh Calls Several Rivals250 Recruits

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

*** I’ve mentioned that Michigan is making a concerted effort with Rivals100 offensive lineman Lilitz (Pa.) Warwick Nolan Rucci. And that didn’t stop this week. Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh personally jumped on the phone with Rucci this week and made his pitch. The Wolverines are working hard to get him on campus after the dead period and appear to be moving up in his mind. Penn State has long been considered the leader and Clemson is a huge threat, but Michigan is quietly positioning itself as a true player.

*** Michigan landed Dominick Giudice this week and is looking to reel in another New Jersey defensive lineman. Harbaugh also got on the phone with Rivals250 Blairstown (N.J.) Blair Academy prospect Aaron Armitage. Michigan had plenty of buzz in the Armitage recruitment early on before Notre Dame, Ohio State and Penn State all got really involved. Now, it’s a dogfight. With that said, Michigan has been a constant with Armitage since the beginning, and it’s clear Harbaugh and co. are continuing to prioritize him.

*** I got in contact with Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood Rivals100 linebacker Junior Colson tonight, and he couldn’t stop gushing about his call with Harbaugh this week. Colson also said defensive coordinator Don Brown and linebackers coach Brian Jean-Mary made a huge impression on him. Right now, Michigan leads in this recruitment, and I put in a FutureCast pick for the Wolverines earlier today. Michigan just has to keep chipping away here as he wants to announce in May. By the way, Colson added that his mother said Harbaugh is her favorite coach.

*** One prospect that Harbaugh reached out to this week that I’m very, very high on is Rivals100 Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances linebacker Aaron Willis. The four-star recruit left Michigan out of his Top 5 a few months ago, so it’s definitely worth noting that the Wolverines are still recruiting him. Michigan obviously has strong ties at St. Frances and landed a boatload of kids from there last cycle, so anything can happen here. I thought Willis was the most impressive of the St. Frances defensive recruits when I saw them live last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News