ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Jaheim Singletary, More DB Notes

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** Michigan extended an offer to former Ohio State cornerback commit Jaheim Singletary this week. This scholarship wasn't just about gamesmanship. The Wolverines are going to make an aggressive run for the five-star prospect out of Jacksonville (Fla.) Robert E. Lee. U-M assistant George Helow has strong ties to Jacksonville, and five-star cornerback commit Will Johnson is working hard to get Singletary to join him. However, I wouldn't be too optimistic. From what I have been able to gather, Singletary is back on the market in large part because he wants to stay in the south. Florida, Georgia and Miami are all intriguing option.

*** Four-star Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood cornerback Myles Pollard and his father made the trip to Ann Arbor for the BBQ at The Big House over the weekend. Here is what Pollard had to say about the trip: "The barbecue went well. It was just another chance for all the commits and other guys we're trying to get to join us to connect and have a good time together." Pollard is fully committed to the Wolverines and will be back on campus for a game this fall.

*** Four-star Fairfield (Ala.) High athlete Kobi Albert committed to Auburn today. This shouldn't come as much of a surprise. While Michigan made a strong run with Albert, Auburn built up momentum closer to his decision date. With Auburn officially off the board, Michigan will turn its attention to guys like Ephesians Prysock. As I've mentioned, some other schools have backed off Prysock, which means the door is open to make a move. At this point, I would say U-M's main competition is UCLA. It will be interesting to see if Ohio State revisits Prysock after losing Singletary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.