ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Chips: Intel On DL Target George Rooks

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
*** A prospect we haven't talked about that is very high on the Michigan board is Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peter's Prep defensive lineman George Rooks. Michigan is recruiting him as a defensive end, but he does have the potential to grow into a three-technique. Rooks hates the recruiting process and hardly talks, so it's tough to get a true read on his recruitment. However, he is a take for Michigan and a guy defensive line coach Shaun Nua has been in touch with.

*** Like I said, it's hard to get a true read on Rooks, but Michigan is definitely in the mix. UM head coach Jim Harbaugh stopped by to see him before the dead period, and he's been to Ann Arbor on four different occasions. Rooks' sister, Taylor Rooks, was on the Michigan women's basketball team last season after transferring in from Harvard. Syracuse is very involved since his father played there. Rutgers has made him a top priority. Penn State and Miami are talking to him as well.

*** Michigan defensive coordinator Don Brown was back on the line with Rivals100 tight end commit Louis Hansen earlier today. I spoke to Hansen's father, Michael, who told me that he has been very pleased with the staff and their contact following their commitment. He said it feels like family thanks to Brown and tight ends coach Sherrone Moore. Hansen is completely locked in with the Wolverines and is helping them recruit.

*** On the 2022 front, Ohio State earned a pledge from four-star offensive tackle Tegra Tshabola today. Michigan offered the West Chester (Ohio) Lakota West product, but the Buckeyes were always going to be tough to beat. By the way, Ohio State offered Traverse City (Mich.) Central linebacker Joshua Burnham. I put in an early pick for Michigan, but the Ohio State offer will make things interesting. OSU head coach Ryan Day made a big impression on Burnham on their video chat.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News