ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Blue Chips: Father Of Kody Jones Talks Michigan, Mo Linguist

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
Are you ready to put your career in your own hands? Adam Goldman can help! Adam is a member of TheWolverine.com and franchise veteran, having recently sold a franchise to a strategic buyer. Using his expertise, he helps others find their American Dream through a very thorough and FREE consultation process. Call Adam at 844-800-FRAN and put your life and career in your own hands.
Adam Goldman, Owner
FranchiseCoach.net
Email: agoldman@franchisecoach.net
DM: @FranchiseCoach

Here are tonight's Blue Chips...

I had a chance to catch up with Keith Jones, father of four-star Michigan defensive back commit Kody Jones, during my time in Indianapolis over the weekend. Here are some highlights from our interview.

On the family's decision to commit to Michigan:

"Michigan was the right place because, No. 1, it's Michigan. (Kody) fell in love with Coach Mo (Maurice Linguist). My whole family fell in love with Coach Mo. That was a big selling point for us. A lot of schools were after Kody. When Michigan came knocking, it was easy."

On why new Michigan Co-DC Maurice Linguist won them over:

"I can't really put my finger on it. I guess, he's just a special kind of guy. We just vibed really well with him. My wife and I talked to him, and we both liked Coach Mo. There is something about him. I told Kody that I felt the same way about him. He's a cool guy. He's a genuine guy. I really feel like he has Kody's best interest at heart."

On if Linguist was easy to relate to since he's also from the South:

"That probably has a lot to do with us connecting. We have that southern thing going on. We just feel each other. Coach Mo is just a good guy."

On what he wants to see on the family's official visit to Michigan:

"I know the academics are great, but we would love to learn more about that. We want to see the facilities and meet the coaching staff. We would love to meet some of the players if possible. We just want to see what Ann Arbor is really like."

On getting to spend time with Deon Johnson, father of Will Johnson, over the weekend:

"It was very cool. I know Will and Kody text and talk a lot. This was that first time we all got to connect with each other. Deon is a really cool guy. We spent a little time together and got to know each other. It was really nice to be able to do that."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News