ADVERTISEMENT

Beilein is completely wrong to limit Spike's transfer options. Spike's dad is right...

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
if we are worried about what Spike might bring to a potential opponent of ours in the Big Ten for the one or two times we will play them next year, UM and Beilein have way bigger problems. I.E., Spike playing for Purdue next year should be the least of our problems, Beilein is claiming that would be an issue. It is ridiculous, and would be as ridiculous as claiming that IU rolled us in February because of Max's inside information. Ridiculous.

why didn't spike play at the end of the season....unless he knew he was going to transfer and wanted to protect his 5th year,,,,,could Spike have put himself ahead of the team? I sure hope not, we sure could have used him down the stretch.

If true that we won't commit to bringing him back yet don't want to play against him, well the word that comes to mind is Weak. Weak move from a coach that I currently have respect for.

There may be more to this story.....
what I find weird is Spike can play now... and before his career was over. So if he can play why didn't he play in the tournament? protecting his 5th year may be....hmmm
I found the Caris story strange too, Its almost as if the players were calling the shots.

There may be more to this story.....
what I find weird is Spike can play now... and before his career was over. So if he can play why didn't he play in the tournament? protecting his 5th year may be....hmmm
I found the Caris story strange too, Its almost as if the players were calling the shots.
Things change. Injuries can get better. I have no problem with Spike thinking in December that he couldnt go. He continued to work/rehab and figured out the pain was getting better. Happens.

As for Caris. Nothing is strange about that. He just had another surgery. Obviously, something else was truly wrong and he couldnt go. You could see it in the Purdue game.

I have no problem with Spike getting better, I do have a problem if he was healthy to play and didn't, protecting his redshirt so he could transfer to another school. His dad getting involved and making statement smells of unhappy parents that think there kid is better than he is.

Don’t get me wrong I love Spike and what he did.....sure would have been nice to see him finish at UM, and not watch Dackich in there instead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT