ADVERTISEMENT

Are you ready for the Orange Bowl?

I am moving on, so yes. Does anyone know what hotels the OB teams stay at? I think last year it was Diplomat in Hollywood and Trump Doral in Miami. Definitely will go- can't boycott especially if they play a Florida team- they will need some fans in maize and blue.

If we play in the Orange bowl, only the other team will benefit from wining. We will be heavy favorites against anyone and it will probably not be an epic game at all.
Good for an 11 win season though, so I guess I'm cool with it

If we play in the Orange bowl, only the other team will benefit from wining. We will be heavy favorites against anyone and it will probably not be an epic game at all.
Good for an 11 win season though, so I guess I'm cool with it

Ecross..........

Watched tOSU vs Mich and although Mich probably would have won in reg time if it weren't for the roughing the kicker penalty I really think FSU would beat Mich in the Orange Bowl. I say that because of the match ups and the type of offense Harbaugh runs. Yeah, Mich might be favored by a little (3 or less) but FSU would win. ;)

I think UM can beat anyone except Alabama on a neutral field. I think a good team can definitely beat UM especially if they are in a tight game late. :(

Sorry. Cheap shot but nonetheless true.

RM

I think Michigan will absolutely crush FSU. FSU's QB will be on the ground more then he was against Clemson and Cook will not get much running room, if any. FSU's defense is good but give JH 1 month to prepare for a game and he will absolutely destroy most defenses. If we play FSU, I expect we probably win by around 14 points. Only team that we don't match up well against honestly is L'ville.

This is absurd....spread would more than likely be -18.5. Acc football (except Clemson) is an overhyped pos conference. Thanks for playing

Jake................

He he he...........good thing you don't make a living in Vegas. Let's wait and see just what the bookies think. And of course, let's wait and see who wins the game.

And re: FSU's O-line. The starters didn't come off injuries until near the end of the year. Now.........they are ready. O sacks by UF's vaunted defense.

Jimbo vs. Jim...........should be a great match up! If it comes to pass the fan base and media hype will be incredible!!!

This is absurd....spread would more than likely be -18.5. Acc football (except Clemson) is an overhyped pos conference. Thanks for playing
The ACC has 8 teams with 8 or more wins. That's the most of any conference in the country. The Big 10 isn't matched up too much with the ACC. You do know Pitt beat Penn State right. Wake Forest beat Indiana and Northwestern beat Duke. Those were the only matchups this season between the Big 10 and the ACC. The ACC matches up with the SEC far more than it matches up against the Big 10. Predicting how you'll do against us is futile.

Jake................

He he he...........good thing you don't make a living in Vegas. Let's wait and see just what the bookies think. And of course, let's wait and see who wins the game.

And re: FSU's O-line. The starters didn't come off injuries until near the end of the year. Now.........they are ready. O sacks by UF's vaunted defense.

Jimbo vs. Jim...........should be a great match up! If it comes to pass the fan base and media hype will be incredible!!!
Vegas bookies don't win football games.

You're right, you do match up well with the sec this year but not with the b1g. The sec has only 1 team this year, and so does acc! Soooo I'm glad we're on the same page

I think it would be fun to have the top 5 teams from b1g play the acc's top 5 or sec's top 5. What do you think? I think it's funny the sec is as bad as the PAC 12 (this year), so now espn has put their hand up the acc skirt!
Now I'm not Nostradamus, but if M plays fsu in a bowl, i REALLY like M's defense over your offense. Hell I'll take Tyler okorn over fsu defense

Ummm....FSU owns the ACC (15 conference titles since 1992 and three national titles '93, '99, and 2013) and Clemson (20-9 series record). Also, speaking of overhyped, you lost to....IOWA! Thank you for playing.

Ummm....FSU owns the ACC (15 conference titles since 1992 and three national titles '93, '99, and 2013) and Clemson (20-9 series record). Also, speaking of overhyped, you lost to....IOWA! Thank you for playing.
And you lost Louisville and North Carolina......nice try with the Iowa thing.

I think UM can beat anyone except Alabama on a neutral field. I think a good team can definitely beat UM especially if they are in a tight game late. :(

Sorry. Cheap shot but nonetheless true.

RM

I'd like to see you guys and UDub on a neutral field. That'd be a good one.

History tells us all this chatter about making iron-clad predictions in the bowl game are many times fruitless.
Heavy favorites get beat every year, some team will have 3 starters out due to eligibility issues or injury & are given no chance & then dominate.
You never know the mindset of these kids. When it comes right down to it, bowls are exhibition games. You don't know how much the kids will invest mentally or physically into these bowl (exhibition) games.
I for one would welcome an opportunity to play FSU. Gimme a team that's playing upswing football, including the Noles, a USC, an Oklahoma. A win over another "blue blood" school would still look good on the resume, regardless of whether we're favored or not.
As mentioned, Jimbo Fisher is a top notch coach, lets get it on!

Reactions: weseminole
FSU lost by less than a touchdown to Clemson and UNC. Louisville was a blowout, but FSU has significantly improved their defense since then. The freshman QB has improved as well.

Also, this isn't 2010. The ACC is a decent football conference now.

Us ?? Are you playing in the bowl game, whoever and wherever it is ???
No. Why are you taking that literally? Fans connect with other fans of the same team. So I referred to myself and the other Nole poster as us. Give me a break.

It is easy to under estimate a team when you have your maize and blue glasses on....

The ACC has dangerous teams...they did beat teams that will play in the SEC CCG and the Big 12 CCG.

FSU is dangerous....

They have always matched up well against the Big Ten...

It is over a long period of time (some not relevant in current terms) but I just took a look at the record...

FSU has played Michigan twice (both in the Big House)..record is 1-1. The last meeting was 1991 when Michigan was undefeated in conference play. The Seminoles put up 51 points to win going away.

Michigan State...FSU is 2-0, winning by an average of a little over 25 points

Wisconsin....FSU is 1-0.....FSU beat 'em by 29 in the 2008 Champs Sports Bowl

Ohio State....FSU is 3-0....beat 'em twice in the Shoe and once in the Sugar...all by several score.

Penn State...0-1 in the Big 10....Penn State was 11-1 and co champ with OSU...played
8-5 FSU in the Orange Bowl...a game that went to triple OT.

Last edited:
Michigan will beat the shit out of FSU. They are a running team and the QB is not very good.
If you dont think Francois is any good you could say the same thing about Speight and Michigan. Both teams are run first, neither QB was an AA caliber guy this season but theyre both solid players. Francois has played very well for the most part and he's taken care of the ball. Hes a guy thats going to win some awards down the line.

Louisville would have been an easier matchup for Michigan. Michigan would have run the ball down their throat and controlled the clock, limited Lamar Jackson's big plays, easy win. FSU is a different animal. This is nothing like the FSU team from early in the season. The DL is healthy and has played very well vs the run and may be the best team in the country rushing the QB in 3rd and medium+ situations. The OL has improved down the stretch and the WRs have shown some flashes. And then everyone knows about Dalvin. Michigan will have to play flawless on D to keep him in check.

I think Michigan wins a close one. For all of FSU's improvements on O its going to be tough to move the ball on Michigan. I have no idea where any blowout talk is coming from though. FSU has played very well vs pro style teams without mobile QBs. Special teams worry me more than anything really.

If you dont think Francois is any good you could say the same thing about Speight and Michigan. Both teams are run first, neither QB was an AA caliber guy this season but theyre both solid players. Francois has played very well for the most part and he's taken care of the ball. Hes a guy thats going to win some awards down the line.

Louisville would have been an easier matchup for Michigan. Michigan would have run the ball down their throat and controlled the clock, limited Lamar Jackson's big plays, easy win. FSU is a different animal. This is nothing like the FSU team from early in the season. The DL is healthy and has played very well vs the run and may be the best team in the country rushing the QB in 3rd and medium+ situations. The OL has improved down the stretch and the WRs have shown some flashes. And then everyone knows about Dalvin. Michigan will have to play flawless on D to keep him in check.

I think Michigan wins a close one. For all of FSU's improvements on O its going to be tough to move the ball on Michigan. I have no idea where any blowout talk is coming from though. FSU has played very well vs pro style teams without mobile QBs. Special teams worry me more than anything really.
Not many UM fans, I think, believe this is going to be an easy win. Two outstanding defensive lines will be a bear to overcome for either side. I think it's a fourth quarter game, UM may be a little more motivated to prove something.

Reactions: weseminole
Ecross..........

Watched tOSU vs Mich and although Mich probably would have won in reg time if it weren't for the roughing the kicker penalty I really think FSU would beat Mich in the Orange Bowl. I say that because of the match ups and the type of offense Harbaugh runs. Yeah, Mich might be favored by a little (3 or less) but FSU would win. ;)
Michigan is favored by a little more than 3 as you can see and when the game is over, everyone will see we were clearly one of the top 4 teams. And we did beat Ohio State...the final score just didn't reflect it.

Florida State is not very good on the offensive line and you cannot run the football this year to beat Michigan so they will have to go beyond Cook to move the ball. They will struggle to block the Michigan DL like they did with Clemson. Likewise, our OL will struggle with their DL and over all speed. Smith will once again be running into a pile at the line of scrimmage and their best defender is right over Kalis which is a major problem. Michigan, without turnovers wins this game by 14. The pressure, however, that Speight will get in the passing game and his tendency to throw it into triple coverage can keep the Noles in the game and possibly steal it for them. The assessment above by DetroitJohn is right on the money about the OL and DL

Michigan is favored by a little more than 3 as you can see and when the game is over, everyone will see we were clearly one of the top 4 teams. And we did beat Ohio State...the final score just didn't reflect it.

Ecross.........

So that was a moral victory..........OK, if you say so. Just remember what Vince Lombardi said:

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

Florida State is not very good on the offensive line and you cannot run the football this year to beat Michigan so they will have to go beyond Cook to move the ball. They will struggle to block the Michigan DL like they did with Clemson. Likewise, our OL will struggle with their DL and over all speed. Smith will once again be running into a pile at the line of scrimmage and their best defender is right over Kalis which is a major problem. Michigan, without turnovers wins this game by 14. The pressure, however, that Speight will get in the passing game and his tendency to throw it into triple coverage can keep the Noles in the game and possibly steal it for them. The assessment above by DetroitJohn is right on the money about the OL and DL
Our eyes will be glued to the screen whenever Speight drops back. This will be a great measurement of whether Speight is headed to returning as a starter or may have hit his ceiling. Handling pressure from a great DL versus a top program in a bowl game will bring clarity to us all. I expect he'll perform well throwing to a his motivated receiving corpse in their last game at UM.

Detroit John..........

Our eyes will be glued to the screen whenever Speight drops back. This will be a great measurement of whether Speight is headed to returning as a starter or may have hit his ceiling. Handling pressure from a great DL versus a top program in a bowl game will bring clarity to us all. I expect he'll perform well throwing to a his motivated receiving corpse in their last game at UM.

Re: "he'll perform well throwing to a his motivated receiving corpse"

Good one.........bwahahahaha! Throwing to the dead guys. Classic :D

Detroit John..........

Re: "he'll perform well throwing to a his motivated receiving corpse"

Good one.........bwahahahaha! Throwing to the dead guys. Classic :D
Oopse...though it would have been somewhat better a description of our OL at times

Rushing...yds per rush

Michigan....4.98
FSU.............5.14

Rushing YPG

Michigan.....223
FSU..............207

Passing YPG

Michigan.......216
FSU................268

Rushing Play %

Michigan....60.59
FSU.............53.41

PassingPlay %

Michigan....39.41
FSU.............46.59

Perhaps vs. FSU?

My TiVo is since My melds put me to sleep when I take them- 8PM. This game will fall on the day after my 1st anniversary of my Lung transplant and Bi-pass surgery. Had no clue we beat Florida while in ICU for 2 weeks. GBGB"74

My TiVo is since My melds put me to sleep when I take them- 8PM. This game will fall on the day after my 1st anniversary of my Lung transplant and Bi-pass surgery. Had no clue we beat Florida while in ICU for 2 weeks. GBGB"74

Just curious........were you a smoker?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT