ADVERTISEMENT

Any suggested beers that go well with roasted duck?

As a VP of Ducks Unlimited in NC, I recommend Breckenridge Vanilla Porter as an excellent choice. I like Brown Ales or Scotch Ales also. My favorite being Frog Level Brewing Nutty Brunette and Blind Squirrel Brewery's Nut Brown Ale and Squirrely Eye PA. Probably not available in that locale though. I am sure Founders probably has something.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
As a VP of Ducks Unlimited in NC, I recommend Breckenridge Vanilla Porter as an excellent choice. I like Brown Ales or Scotch Ales also. My favorite being Frog Level Brewing Nutty Brunette and Blind Squirrel Brewery's Nut Brown Ale and Squirrely Eye PA. Probably not available in that locale though. I am sure Founders probably has something.
Excellent suggestions, thank you!

I recently picked up some New Belgium Citradelic Tangerine IPA on sale at our supermarket (the Scottish blood in me, great price). I really liked it, very glad I gave it a try, going to keep it my regular rotation.
#Protect&RestoreWetlands

Beers New Belgium Brewing
Citradelic | New Belgium Brewing
BA SCORE
very good
323 Reviews
THE BROS
-
no score
Send samples
197183.jpg
c_beer_image.gif

BEER INFO

Brewed by:
New Belgium Brewing
Colorado, United States
newbelgium.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 6.00%

Availability: Year-round

Notes / Commercial Description:
Tangerine IPA brewed with Citra hops, orange peel and orange.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/192/197183/

Weihenstephaner Vitus ... it goes with everything. :)
Sounds like I need to give this beer a try, hope I can find it!

WEIHENSTEPHAN VITUS WINS, “WORLD’S BEST BEER”!!

Vitus.jpg
International accolades for the Bavarian State Brewery Weihenstephan

The “World Beer Awards”, which in the industry are known as the “unofficial world beer championships”, had a clear winner this year!

The “Weihenstephaner Vitus” won in all classes and thus received the title of “world’s best beer”. In addition, the popular wheat bock beer came top in three further categories. Honours were also bestowed on the “Dark Wheat Beer”, which was crowned “World’s Best Dark Wheat Beer” and “Europe’s Best Dark Wheat Beer”.

The Weihenstephaner beers were also able to prove their quality and flavour once again at many other renowned beer competitions in 2011.

Winning the gold medal at the “Australian International Beer Awards” (AIBA) has become something of a tradition for the “Weihenstephaner Wheat Beer” - this is the fourth year in a row that the Weihenstephan brewery’s flagship beer has won a gold medal. The other Weihenstephan beers submitted were also able to impress the 47 international jurors with their excellent quality, with the “Crystal Wheat Beer” taking silver and the “Dark Wheat Beer”, the “Korbinian”, and the “Vitus” all taking bronze!

At the “Stockholm Beer & Whisky Festival”, which is hugely popular in the trade, the Bavarian State Brewery Weihenstephan once again secured medals for its beers - the “Weihenstephaner Wheat Beer” was awarded gold and “Vitus” took bronze.

At the “International Beer Challenge” (IBC) in England, the master brewers once more came away with a medal, with the “Wheat Beer” winning bronze.

The numerous awards are a renewed source of pleasure every year for the Weihenstephaner brewers. “With strong competition on the market, a premium beer must have a unique flavour and character in order to stand out – when we manage to achieve this with our beers, it makes us proud and happy. The awards represent a great reward and confirmation of our daily work”, says Prof. Josef Schrädler, Director of the Bavarian State Brewery Weihenstephan.

Weihenstephaner Vitus | Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan
BA SCORE
world-class
1,183 Reviews
THE BROS
outstanding
Read the review
35625.jpg
c_beer_image.gif

BEER INFO

Brewed by:
Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan
Germany
brauerei-weihenstephan.de

Style: Weizenbock

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 7.70%

Availability: Winter

Our light-coloured, spicy single-bock, “Vitus” is saturated with fine yeast and a creamy foam. It is a specialty with a round character based on the extra long storage time. The fruity smell of dried apricots joins aromas of citrus, cloves and hints of banana. Full-bodied and sparkling with an effervescent mouthfeel. Thus, the Vitus does not taste like a typical Bock beer but more like a noble, fruity wheat beer. Perfect with red meat, strong cheese and also able to guide desserts. Brewed according to our centuries-old brewing tradition on the Weihenstephan hill.

You can usually find it at Total Wine and More or BevMo if you have one of those nearby. I'd like to know what you thought of it. It is by far my favorite beer. I'd consider a keg-orator if I could find this in kegs :).

Sounds like I need to give this beer a try, hope I can find it!

WEIHENSTEPHAN VITUS WINS, “WORLD’S BEST BEER”!!

Vitus.jpg
International accolades for the Bavarian State Brewery Weihenstephan

The “World Beer Awards”, which in the industry are known as the “unofficial world beer championships”, had a clear winner this year!

The “Weihenstephaner Vitus” won in all classes and thus received the title of “world’s best beer”. In addition, the popular wheat bock beer came top in three further categories. Honours were also bestowed on the “Dark Wheat Beer”, which was crowned “World’s Best Dark Wheat Beer” and “Europe’s Best Dark Wheat Beer”.

The Weihenstephaner beers were also able to prove their quality and flavour once again at many other renowned beer competitions in 2011.

Winning the gold medal at the “Australian International Beer Awards” (AIBA) has become something of a tradition for the “Weihenstephaner Wheat Beer” - this is the fourth year in a row that the Weihenstephan brewery’s flagship beer has won a gold medal. The other Weihenstephan beers submitted were also able to impress the 47 international jurors with their excellent quality, with the “Crystal Wheat Beer” taking silver and the “Dark Wheat Beer”, the “Korbinian”, and the “Vitus” all taking bronze!

At the “Stockholm Beer & Whisky Festival”, which is hugely popular in the trade, the Bavarian State Brewery Weihenstephan once again secured medals for its beers - the “Weihenstephaner Wheat Beer” was awarded gold and “Vitus” took bronze.

At the “International Beer Challenge” (IBC) in England, the master brewers once more came away with a medal, with the “Wheat Beer” winning bronze.

The numerous awards are a renewed source of pleasure every year for the Weihenstephaner brewers. “With strong competition on the market, a premium beer must have a unique flavour and character in order to stand out – when we manage to achieve this with our beers, it makes us proud and happy. The awards represent a great reward and confirmation of our daily work”, says Prof. Josef Schrädler, Director of the Bavarian State Brewery Weihenstephan.

Weihenstephaner Vitus | Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan
BA SCORE
world-class
1,183 Reviews
THE BROS
outstanding
Read the review
35625.jpg
c_beer_image.gif

BEER INFO

Brewed by:
Bayerische Staatsbrauerei Weihenstephan
Germany
brauerei-weihenstephan.de

Style: Weizenbock

Alcohol by volume (ABV): 7.70%

Availability: Winter

Our light-coloured, spicy single-bock, “Vitus” is saturated with fine yeast and a creamy foam. It is a specialty with a round character based on the extra long storage time. The fruity smell of dried apricots joins aromas of citrus, cloves and hints of banana. Full-bodied and sparkling with an effervescent mouthfeel. Thus, the Vitus does not taste like a typical Bock beer but more like a noble, fruity wheat beer. Perfect with red meat, strong cheese and also able to guide desserts. Brewed according to our centuries-old brewing tradition on the Weihenstephan hill.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT