ADVERTISEMENT

Another NIL Thread..

DaveG24

All-League
Jun 9, 2020
I know it feels like we have discussed this topic ad nauseam and have completely exhausted all discussion of it but I guess my biggest question is what is the seminal moment or feature for our NIL program that we are waiting on?

I drive around in my car for work so I often listen to the radio or podcasts and I turned on 97.1 and immediately heard from two different hosts on two different shows that we are falling behind in NIL. Is that just the narrative surrounding Michigan or is this actually true?

I understand we can now use the block M if a player goes through the proper avenues. It sounds like a collective akin to what Notre Dame has put together and has what made them competitive is already in the works. I understand that Michigan isn’t likely to go to a meeting with local businesses and demand a certain amount of money but I’m confused about what exactly we are missing. When these players come for official visits they can pretty easily find out just how much money they can make without being told explicitly we will pay you this much to come here. I mean it sounds like JJ McCarthy is doing just fine without throwing out specific numbers. Getting that information to a quarterback recruit shouldn’t be that difficult.

I suppose what it boils down to for me is what exactly are we waiting on and expecting to happen in the coming months that will make us competitive for years to come? Is a lot of what other schools are doing overblown? If Michigan was hot on the recruiting trail like I think they will be in the summertime here playing into and contributing to the narrative that we are struggling with NIL?

Reactions: FranzWagner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.