ADVERTISEMENT

A quick update on 4-star cornerback Henry Gray

Brandon Brown

Michigan Man
Aug 5, 2014
In talking with Belleville (Mich.) High four-star cornerback and Michigan commit Andre Seldon at the Rivals Camp Series in Cincinnati on Sunday, he let me know that he's been recruiting Miami Central four-star cornerback Henry Gray very hard.

Seldon told me that Gray actually reached out to him a couple of weeks back and is very intrigued by what Michigan is doing, especially with its cornerbacks. Seldon went on to say that they've been talking back and forth just about every day and he feels like Michigan is really going to have a shot with the Florida standout.

Gray himself touched on the renewed interest in Michigan and outlined what it's going to mean for him going forward.

"Things have changed with Michigan," Gray said. "They have really started recruiting me hard the past couple of months and I'm really enjoying it. They are up in my top group right next to Ohio State. I started talking to Andre and I know I'm going to visit Michigan on June 7."

The Michigan staff has done a really good job reconnecting with Gray even though they offered him way back in August of last year while he was still committed to Miami. Now that he's back on the market, Gray is listening to everyone again and U-M has done a great job getting back into the mix.

"They have got in contact with my mom and really preached to her and I that I'll be a great fit with the system and would have a great opportunity to play early," Gray explained.

It's been a team effort when it comes to recruiting Gray with cornerbacks coach Mike Zordich, linebackers coach Anthony Campanile and defensive coordinator Don Brown all putting in the work to try and bring the talented Floridian to Ann Arbor.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News