ADVERTISEMENT

24 Heures du Mans..for the race guys here

argus99

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
Newtown, PA
This race is like New Year’s Day used to be for me with the bowl games. My favorite race of the year by far. I’m all supplied up so I can watch as much of the race as I can, only breaking for bathroom trips and walking Quinn. I’m even using Door Dash for the first time today, which is going against my philosophical opposition to food delivery services that charge restaurants a significant fee for their service as well as the fees customers pay. It’s a shakedown in my opinion. Always use the restaurant’s own delivery service rather than these National delivery companies. The profit margins are so small in the restaurant business, that these services like Uber Eats fees really do more harm to establishments than any good they may provide. I just talked myself out of using door dash even though DiLorenzo’s Tomato pies (it’s a Philly/Jersey thing) doesn’t deliver due to daily hour to 2 hour wait lines to have the best tomato pie and thin crust pizza around.

Back to the race. If you’re looking for an American team to root for other than the GM Cadillac team (I just can’t root for GM) root for Penske racing. The French have been dicking them over for years just because they are old europe smug elitists. Also, the Alpine team has one of those Mustang GTD super cars in the race. Being a Ford guy, I’ll be glued to the broadcast for any coverage of that car..which they just showed passing 2 cars in an apex turn move! Wow!

Hope you guys are watching. GT and GT3 team road course racing is my favorite racing circuit!

Go Penske! Win and stuff it up their tight French derrières!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News