ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Michigan Football is a "Blueprint" season. An Identity Season. I expect that Michigan will be an undefeated or 1 loss team a lot going forward.

90MVarsity

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2020
Jim Harbaugh has needed time. He has gotten his behind beaten and has needed time to adjust.

In 2015 he had none of his own players and put together a 10 win season.
In 2016 he was a bullshit spot away from Indy and the CFP.

In 2016 he recruited one hell of a recruiting class. Signing with the stars was a real thing. HALF of the guys who arrived on campus from the 2016 team are in the NFL. Peters and Hawkins are still playing college football. (So is Kareem Walker).

2017 was QB problems. O'Korn wasn't good enough to win after Speight got hurt. And we also had coaching issues with Drevno and the other OL coach. But OSU was still within reach. Even with an awful QB, we were in the OSU game on the last possession.

2018 we roll with Don Brown and the wheels fall off. That team was LOADED WITH TALENT. And had 10 wins going into the OSU game. 10-1 and they should have beaten Notre Dame in the opener. And Brown's garbage, front running scheme gives up 62 points to OSU after not giving up more than 24 all year. And the OSU PTSD starts.

2019 The fix/adjustment was to think....we have to score more points in modern college football so lets get away from the Harbaugh Offense, Hire an Alabama guy at OC and run "speed in space" so that we can keep up with Ohio State scoring 62 points. Gattis comes in and is given the full keys to the offense. And in 2019 Michigan was 9-2 (losses to Wisconsin and the Ronnie Bell drop game to PSU) going into the OSU game and Brown's garbage scheme gives up 56 points.

After 2020 It's clear that both Brown and Gattis are not the answer. Charbonnet runs the ball 19 times in 6 games under the Gattis offense. I don't have the numbers on 3 and outs for 2020 but I'm sure it's bad.

So 2021!! Brown is fired. Gattis is reconditioned and "repurposed" to run the Harbaugh offense that relies on the run game. Pound teams into submission because we have better players on the OL and win in the fourth quarter. A DC is brought in who teams can't see what is coming weeks ahead of time. And Michigan, like in 2016 and 2018 (Pep Hamilton Harbaugh offense), Michigan gets to the Ohio State game with only one loss and a chance for the CFP.

This is a blueprint. It works. And while the schedule helped this year...we are still going to be 10-1 going into the OSU game. That is historic. This team is historic because very few teams in Michigan football history have only had 1 loss going into the last game.. I can see Harbaugh tweaking it a little on offense in the years to come, but what this team is this year is the identity of Michigan football going forward and I love it. The reason Michigan can do this so easy is recruiting. Our recruiting is head and shoulders above the rest of the conference (Except for Ohio State and I've pulled the numbers). But This is what JH is going to build. Culture. Run Game. Recruiting. And give Michigan a chance every year to go into the OSU game with a chance to make the final four.

IN JIM WE TRUST.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News