ADVERTISEMENT

“Our pets heads are falling off!”

mikey ray

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2006
East Coast
Coaching searches are brutal. They can bring out the worst in any fan base. Especially when trying to replace a HOF coach. We are no exception. The infighting and rushes to judgement and feeling compelled to “eat our own” when anyone doesn’t agree with us during this time are rampant.

Balas has taken some cheap shots. Posters have taken cheap shots at each other. Webber has given and taken some as well. Maybe that’s the nature of the beast. Maybe there’s nothing to be done about it. However, I pledge that I, for one will support ANY coach named to head the basketball program. John Beilein has brought a lot of joy to my world while he was the head coach, suffice to say I was a huge fan. I was also a huge fan of the Fab 5 and would love to see Juwan back in town running the basketball program. Or Val, or Luke, or Saadi or any connective tissue to the Beilein era. But if it’s none of the above, then whomever wears the whistle if the head coach will have my support. We of all fan bases have seen the rot that can encroach when we fail to close ranks around a choice, even if it isn’t our first choice. 20/20 hindsight Rich Rod was clearly a mistake but he dealt with SOME things he shouldn’t of had to from a support level. Did he help dig his own hole? Of course. But the point is, let’s please stop the infighting. Let the process play out. Balas and Borton et all will inform us when there is something to disseminate, and when they do let’s do our best to be the Leaders and Best. Let’s try to live up to our loftiest ideals. For as we know, in Ann Arbor, the water flows like wine. ;) Go Blue.

Typos courtesy of my iPhone

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News