ADVERTISEMENT

Your "Worst Weather" Michigan game you ever attended???

Tom Crawford

Letterman
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2010
East Lansing
I know members of The Fort are pondering who the 2-3 inches of rain conditions will favor tomorrow night for the ND game, but I don't care if you are the underdog or not, I think this will have negative impact on what would have been a vibrant home crowd, when the Wolverines need it in the worst way. Very unfortunate. Regardless, listing the craziest conditions have sat watching Michigan play football:

1. The 5-0 Shutout win over Purdue in 1995. Charles Woodson had a big interception. The game started out driving rain, and temps dropped 20 degrees in the span of an hour. The field was an absolute Mud Bowl, not quite as bad as the SAE-Phi Delt "Mud Bowl" on Homecoming, but pretty bad.

2. In 1988, a 22-7 win over Minnesota. Poured ..and Poured...and Poured...to the point my wife said, screw it, left at halftime, went to the warm, muggy air in the pool area of the Don Canham Natatorium where i met her after the game. I sat thru the whole game my myself in Section 2...rows empty in front of me, behind me, and the nearest person to my right or left a good 8-10 seats away

3. In 1973, a complete monsoon for most of the game in East Lansing. It was so bad, Michigan State was opting to punt on third down. Gil Chapman had a long run for a TD and Dave Brown returned a punt for TD when it was raining so hard you could barely see his No. 6 jersey. Big win for the Wolverines over dreaded Sparty, 31-0. And most of their fans, did indeed, leave at halftime down 17-0. Dennis Franklin and his Wolverine cohorts -- No Turnovers!!!

OK -- let's hear yours????

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News