ADVERTISEMENT

You guys are better than Ohio State.

SchmidtyNole

Letterman
Feb 19, 2007
It's a shame you guys lost to Ohio State because I have no doubt you would have given Clemson a better game than what we saw last night. It is what it is but watching the Michigan/Ohio State game this year there is no doubt Michigan should have won. It wasn't just the bad spot. Wilton Speight also threw a pick six in the game that gave Ohio State 7 points. Ohio State only scored 10 offensive points in regulation.

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
It's a shame you guys lost to Ohio State because I have no doubt you would have given Clemson a better game than what we saw last night. It is what it is but watching the Michigan/Ohio State game this year there is no doubt Michigan should have won. It wasn't just the bad spot. Wilton Speight also threw a pick six in the game that gave Ohio State 7 points. Ohio State only scored 10 offensive points in regulation.
Michigan would have given FL ST a better game too without those injuries.

Michigan would have given FL ST a better game too without those injuries.
Yep. No doubt losing Butt and Peppers hurt. We were missing some of our key players too though. Derwin James was a Preseason first team All American Safety that we lost in Game 2 of this season. We were also missing Ermon Lane and Nate Andrews who were starters in our Secondary. Landon Dickerson, a Starting Offensive Guard, tore his ACL about a month ago. Injuries are part of the game. At programs like Michigan and FSU the mantra has to be "Next man up."

Yep. No doubt losing Butt and Peppers hurt. We were missing some of our key players too though. Derwin James was a Preseason first team All American Safety that we lost in Game 2 of this season. We were also missing Ermon Lane and Nate Andrews who were starters in our Secondary. Landon Dickerson, a Starting Offensive Guard, tore his ACL about a month ago. Injuries are part of the game. At programs like Michigan and FSU the mantra has to be "Next man up."
Very doubtful Michigan would have done any better they were out played no matter who played.......You play a weak schedule and this is the result..

Michigan was also missing their starting left tackle and one of their senior rotation corners who were lost earlier in the season. Players lost earlier in the season had no effect in the game. But losing your arguably best all around player in Peppers the day before the game affected us. It would be like FSU losing Dalvin Cook. So don't think that didn't affect the game and the team. With Peppers I'm pretty sure the outcome would have been different.

Michigan was also missing their starting left tackle and one of their senior rotation corners who were lost earlier in the season. Players lost earlier in the season had no effect in the game. But losing your arguably best all around player in Peppers the day before the game affected us. It would be like FSU losing Dalvin Cook. So don't think that didn't affect the game and the team. With Peppers I'm pretty sure the outcome would have been different.

One thing about it, FSU will now be losing Dalvin Cook and DeMarcus Walker on defense.

BUT..........that won't be a problem because there are guys coming up that are just as good if not better!

The RB trio coming in this year includes:

Cam Akers
Khalan Laborn
Zaquander White
(and 2018 will include Dalvin Cook's 5 star younger brother James!)

Bigger, stronger and just as talented as Dalvin Cook.

Defensive Ends coming in include:

Josh Kaindoh
DeMarco Artis

And these guys are just as talented as Walker.

Next year FSU will be stacked. Tune in for FSU vs. Alabama first game of the year. Practice starts today!

One thing about it, FSU will now be losing Dalvin Cook and DeMarcus Walker on defense.

BUT..........that won't be a problem because there are guys coming up that are just as good if not better!

Cam Akers
Khalan Laborn
Zaquander White

Josh Kaindoh
DeMarco Artis

Next year FSU will be stacked. Tune in for FSU vs. Alabama first game of the year. Practice starts today!
Gotta like the enthusiasm, recruiting does that but you got to wait a couple of years to see the full results, for the most part. Amazing to think that a couple of RB's coming into a class that are already better than the career rushing holder at that particular school and conference. We've had some huge 5* busts at Michigan, Green and Kalis would top the list, there's plenty more than could be listed. Cook killed us w/ just 3 plays, the other 17 carries, he was pretty much stymied. Unfortunately, Michigan hasn't got that type of playmaker on their offense...maybe if Peppers was a full-time RB, he may have been the answer. We'll never know...a great deal of hype by the media w/ the playing of multiple positions by the kid. Loved watching him and appreciated him for his savvy and skills but he wasn't a game changer on defense or for that matter, in the wildcat formation.

Gotta like the enthusiasm, recruiting does that but you got to wait a couple of years to see the full results, for the most part. Amazing to think that a couple of RB's coming into a class that are already better than the career rushing holder at that particular school and conference. We've had some huge 5* busts at Michigan, Green and Kalis would top the list, there's plenty more than could be listed. Cook killed us w/ just 3 plays, the other 17 carries, he was pretty much stymied. Unfortunately, Michigan hasn't got that type of playmaker on their offense...maybe if Peppers was a full-time RB, he may have been the answer. We'll never know...a great deal of hype by the media w/ the playing of multiple positions by the kid. Loved watching him and appreciated him for his savvy and skills but he wasn't a game changer on defense or for that matter, in the wildcat formation.

Blueboy............

More and more FSU is playing freshmen and red shirt freshmen. Just a couple of examples would be Dalvin Cook and Jameis Winston. Speed and savy works no matter the age.

Blueboy............

More and more FSU is playing freshmen and red shirt freshmen. Just a couple of examples would be Dalvin Cook and Jameis Winston. Speed and savy works no matter the age.
I understand that...I was speaking of your assumption that some of these kids are/will be better than those that are leaving. Some enthusiasm should be tempered, not always a guarantee but maybe you're smarter than the average bear, lol. Have a Happy New Year.

1. UM is one of the best teams in college football even with some flaws but they aren't one of the best teams at closing out close games. If they played 58 minutes in a game then UM would be in the playoffs.

2. I don't think losing Butts and Peppers was a huge difference. It would have helped UM win (Peppers & ST's) but thought FSU was the better team.

3. I think the playoff games and even the OB showed that UM could have played with all of these teams but against Clemson and Alabama their OL/rb flaws would have prevented them from winning.

UM is a damn good team and had a solid year and things are clearly trending in the right direction. Optimistic.

RM

Honestly who cares we lost to OSU whether or not we had a better team. Also your argument about FSU losses to UM's is apple to oranges, Butt and Peppers were lost for this game so UM obviously had no time to prep replacing them.

Honestly who cares we lost to OSU whether or not we had a better team.

Great point; at the beginning of the season ESPN ran that piece about Harbaugh "wanting" Saban. I'm and SEC ACC fan who likes both of them as a coaches. Still, my initial reaction was he needs to be worrying about Meyer because until he beats OSU, he's just another close-but-no-cigar Michigan Coach.

Granted you guys got hosed (I'm a Canes fan, so trust me I know about bad calls going Ohio State's way) and I do think he's the right coach to bring it back, but losing three of your last four games shows your close but, well you know. He's a good recruiter but recruiting would have been a whole lot easier had you guys not been victimized by the refs and beaten a beatable Buckeyes team. One day, and I'm waiting, bad call Karma will find Ohio State at the very right time.

Great point; at the beginning of the season ESPN ran that piece about Harbaugh "wanting" Saban. I'm and SEC ACC fan who likes both of them as a coaches. Still, my initial reaction was he needs to be worrying about Meyer because until he beats OSU, he's just another close-but-no-cigar Michigan Coach.

Granted you guys got hosed (I'm a Canes fan, so trust me I know about bad calls going Ohio State's way) and I do think he's the right coach to bring it back, but losing three of your last four games shows your close but, well you know. He's a good recruiter but recruiting would have been a whole lot easier had you guys not been victimized by the refs and beaten a beatable Buckeyes team. One day, and I'm waiting, bad call Karma will find Ohio State at the very right time.
We don't quite have the weapons to compete with the top five programs in the country. We will get there and Harbaugh's really terrific start has earned him time to do that. 2-3 years away I suspect

I understand that...I was speaking of your assumption that some of these kids are/will be better than those that are leaving. Some enthusiasm should be tempered, not always a guarantee but maybe you're smarter than the average bear, lol. Have a Happy New Year.

Couple of things:

1.) Dalvin Cook says his younger brother James is better than him. Who am I to question his opinion?

2.) Cam Akers is considered the #1 RB in the nation by many of the pundits and the rest of the pundits consider him one of the two best RB's in the nation.

FSU currently has 3 studs at RB on the roster aside from Dalvin Cook plus Cam Akers is coming in early. Three new RB's are coming in this year and two will join in 2018. I am absolutely confident that within this group of 8 of the nation's very best RB's at least one and most likely more will rise to become super stars. Just keep in mind that when it comes to RB's these guys are not your "average bears"!

My guess is some of these guys will leave early for the NFL. Well, that is not all bad as long as Jimbo can keep replacing them.

And yep, Have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year! Good Cheer to All! :D

Reactions: blue-boy
Couple of things:

1.) Dalvin Cook says his younger brother James is better than him. Who am I to question his opinion?

2.) Cam Akers is considered the #1 RB in the nation by many of the pundits and the rest of the pundits consider him one of the two best RB's in the nation.

FSU currently has 3 studs at RB on the roster aside from Dalvin Cook plus Cam Akers is coming in early. Three new RB's are coming in this year and two will join in 2018. I am absolutely confident that within this group of 8 of the nation's very best RB's at least one and most likely more will rise to become super stars. Just keep in mind that when it comes to RB's these guys are not your "average bears"!

My guess is some of these guys will leave early for the NFL. Well, that is not all bad as long as Jimbo can keep replacing them.

And yep, Have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year! Good Cheer to All! :D
Touche! Thanks for the info and Good Luck down the road. Love the way that the 'Noles play the game, Jimbo has done well, not everyone can replace a Legend. Go Blue!

Well, Clemson gave me a nice New Year's gift...they kicked the hell out of Urb! Hope they can take out 'Bama too. They've been the best 2 teams all year though I thought that the Tigers were going through the motion most of the year. Maybe not the best plan but they've got a boatload of talent. Looking forward to the game...they have the advantage at QB.

Well, Clemson gave me a nice New Year's gift...they kicked the hell out of Urb! Hope they can take out 'Bama too. They've been the best 2 teams all year though I thought that the Tigers were going through the motion most of the year. Maybe not the best plan but they've got a boatload of talent. Looking forward to the game...they have the advantage at QB.

Problem is Bama can out talent Clemson wearning them down in the 4th quarter..........a la last time they played for the NC.

Problem is Bama can out talent Clemson wearning them down in the 4th quarter..........a la last time they played for the NC.

I beg to differ on this one. Clemson is more of a complete team than Alabama this year. They are good on offense and their defense is very close to Alabama's. Bama's offense is simply not that good this year and they have a frosh QB. It will take a monster effort against Saban and that defense BUT I think Clemson beats Alabama for their second national championship (first in 1981)

I beg to differ on this one. Clemson is more of a complete team than Alabama this year. They are good on offense and their defense is very close to Alabama's. Bama's offense is simply not that good this year and they have a frosh QB. It will take a monster effort against Saban and that defense BUT I think Clemson beats Alabama for their second national championship (first in 1981)

SCfanBlue..............

We shall see and I do hope you are correct as I root for all ACC teams even Clemson that managed to beat FSU by the skin of their teeth. A NC win by Clemson would be the ultimate cherry on top of the ACC cake. All year and in the bowls ACC teams have been summarily beating SEC teams but of course ESPN who has a tie-in with the SEC will claim the SEC is the best conference in all the land because that's what they are paid to say! Yeah..........whatever!

So SC....blue, you and I will be rooting for the underdog.........but, that's one of the things that makes CFB so much fun and gets your blood pumping! Have a Happy CFB New Year and see ya next season! ;)

PS. Bama players refusing to shake hands after the coin toss pretty much says everything about Bama and the whole friggin SEC.

Last edited:

Cam Akers
Khalan Laborn
Zaquander White

Josh Kaindoh
DeMarco Artis

We hear these next season predictions all the time -let's just wait for the 2017 season to be played before making the wondrous predictions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT