ADVERTISEMENT

You are what your record says you are.

Toomer33

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2001
My wife asked be this morning about the NY Giants, who the Cowboys are playing this afternoon. My initial comment to her was that they were better than their record indicated. That immediately led to a discussion about how there are some, who feel that comments is a falsehood. Bill Parcells was adamant that you are what your record says you are.

Nebraska is a great example. Scott Frost, rightfully so, spoke last night how proud he was of his team. I know he, and his supporters, are clinging to the fact that they were one touchdown (or less), in all 4 losses (plus a 2 pt conversion vs. Illinois). Does that mean they are close? Most would say yes. Parcells would probably say that they stink in close games.

So where does that leave Michigan? The "yet to play a ranked team" is accurate, another truth is that they have taken care of business, beaten two teams ranked in pre season, and won in 2 of the most hostile environments in the league.

The "mobile quarterbacks are their cryptonite" is accurate, (more on the later), they figured out a way to win, and play entire halves of football well in spite of this trend.

There is so much to like about this team. Yes, the product on the field looks entirely improved, and that HAS to be coaching influenced. What is even more entertaining is how much fun this group seems to be having with one another. That NEVER gets old.

So...how fare can this go? Well, the reality is that of the remaining 6 games, 3 are against Top 10 Teams. Brutal.

IMHO...this comes down to 9-3 or 10-2.

Who? OSU is a loss. That team is scary good offensively, and UM is not a team that is built to win a shoot out. Where is the other loss? MSU or PSU. I think UM can beat either team. Struggling to see them pulling off both. MSU is seriously good offensively and PSU is really good on both sides of the ball.

If we go 9-3 or 10-2, I think JH can get busy building on this foundational season and set is sights on the bigger prizes.

Go Blue

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News