ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Connor Cook. Crying that Air Force played too rough...

maelfan

All-League
Aug 7, 2014
is so typical Sparty under Dantonio. Guys like Cook and Dantonio praised Narduzzi's cheap 60 minutes of unnecessary roughness and then whine when a bunch of 225 pound lineman and linebackers were a bit rough. What an ass.

is so typical Sparty under Dantonio. Guys like Cook and Dantonio praised Narduzzi's cheap 60 minutes of unnecessary roughness and then whine when a bunch of 225 pound lineman and linebackers were a bit rough. What an ass.
Never saw more personal fouls in any game I've watched over the past 30+ years. Late hits on the QB. Chop blocks. Late hits on kick returns. As Brian Griese (sp?) said several times. MSU just needs to finish this game without anyone being hurt. When your nose guard is engaged with the center, and the guard comes in and cuts him at the knees, the guy is trying to put the NG out of the game. Honestly, the AF was the dirtiest team MSU has played in a long time.

Never saw more personal fouls in any game I've watched over the past 30+ years. Late hits on the QB. Chop blocks. Late hits on kick returns. As Brian Griese (sp?) said several times. MSU just needs to finish this game without anyone being hurt. When your nose guard is engaged with the center, and the guard comes in and cuts him at the knees, the guy is trying to put the NG out of the game. Honestly, the AF was the dirtiest team MSU has played in a long time.
It's funny when spartoons call other teams dirty. We like irony on this board.

I lived on the Air Force Academy for 8 years in the mid 80s and into the 90s. I attended many AF home games and I met and visited with numerous Falcon players and the claim they make that their linemen are 225 is a ploy. The AF gives football players a weight waiver until after they play, then they have a certain period of time to lose the weight. I played golf with an All American linemen who played for the Falcons. The roster showed him at about 250 but he admitted to me he played between 295 and 305. He also said he wasn't the only lineman who was much larger than the roster showed them.
Most of the teams in the conference with the Falcons complain of some of the blocking they do. They seem to go for the knees way too often and players have been hurt.
Every team has players who occasionally will lose their temper and do something really stupid but the blocking of the AF Academy seems to be institutional because its happened for years. Don't get me wrong, I was in the Air Force and I cheer for the Falcons in most games but I'd be a liar if I said I thought they weren't a bit dirty.

Right. MSU has been more disciplined than the team you root for.

BTW, Taylor Lewan played for UM, not MSU.
That was Lewan who tried to twist Denard's helmet off? And crowed about 60 mins of unnecessary roughness? Oh wait, that was the spartoons.
It must suck being the dumb guy in the room.

We shall see you Wolvies soon...can't wait!
You know the sparty bs is coming to an end so enjoy the short preiod of your fame. Let's see, ll966 to 2016, see if you or your honors group can come up w the answer.

That was Lewan who tried to twist Denard's helmet off? And crowed about 60 mins of unnecessary roughness? Oh wait, that was the spartoons.
It must suck being the dumb guy in the room.
You must not have been paying attention. Lewan CONSISTENTLY had his hands up in the face mask of the defensive lineman he was blocking and if the guy went down, he would spear him.

I'm not going to call you dumb, but I am going to call you a homer for backing a thug.

You know the sparty bs is coming to an end so enjoy the short preiod of your fame. Let's see, ll966 to 2016, see if you or your honors group can come up w the answer.

1948 to 1997 (49 years). Let's see if you can give me the answer to what those years represent.

You must not have been paying attention. Lewan CONSISTENTLY had his hands up in the face mask of the defensive lineman he was blocking and if the guy went down, he would spear him.

I'm not going to call you dumb, but I am going to call you a homer for backing a thug.
Not backing Lewan, he is widely regarded as an idiot. But you're fine with spartoons cheap shotting and trying to twist Denard's helmet off? Seems inconsistent.

Not backing Lewan, he is widely regarded as an idiot. But you're fine with spartoons cheap shotting and trying to twist Denard's helmet off? Seems inconsistent.
Not at all. That was Gholston. Every program has its idiots, right?

This started when I said Air Force was a dirty team. They had something like 9 personal fouls in the MSU game. Two late hits on Cook, a cheap shot on speical teams, and about 6 chop block penalties. That's more personal fouls than I've ever seen MSU have in a season.

Well what goes around, comes around...speaking of cheap shots, BYU had a player punching a Boise State player in the junk while laying on the ground, take out a Nebraska TE on a pass that was way overthrown, at the knees (think the player is out for the year) and on one of BYU's pass plays, a receiver went at Jeremy Clark's knees with a block...he was limping around pretty much the rest of the game after the play.

Not at all. That was Gholston. Every program has its idiots, right?

This started when I said Air Force was a dirty team. They had something like 9 personal fouls in the MSU game. Two late hits on Cook, a cheap shot on speical teams, and about 6 chop block penalties. That's more personal fouls than I've ever seen MSU have in a season.

I wish NCAA Personal Foul stats were an easy grab off the web (they're there, but I'm not doing the box score legwork) because I suspect the Dantonio's chalked up double digits in a season more than once.

Go Blue. Always.

I wish NCAA Personal Foul stats were an easy grab off the web (they're there, but I'm not doing the box score legwork) because I suspect the Dantonio's chalked up double digits in a season more than once.

Go Blue. Always.
In a season? Possible. I'm sure every team is close to that. But name NINE in one game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT