ADVERTISEMENT

Wow. Are we impatient or what?!

brewbluejm

Silver Member
Nov 3, 2023
I'm new here. I LOVE the knowledge and insight that is shared on this forum about Michigan sports and will continue to come back because I think Josh, Trevor, and everyone else who provide the inside information for those of us who visit on a regular basis do a fantastic job.

But...holy crap is this Michigan fan base in an impatient and doomsayer place right now, or what?!

Sherrone Moore was named HC TWO WEEKS ago and many of us are pissed off that he hasn't name a DC yet. Good grief, the poor man likely even hasn't set up his new office at UM yet!

Michigan football has experienced something it has NEVER been through...a Head Coach leaving us for the NFL after winning a National Championship. Of course it's going to take some time, especially because said coach, deservedly, wanted to take some of his winning staff with him to the NFL. Because the NC games happen so much later now, it's not surprising that the coaching search for UM is still ongoing, barely three weeks after Harbaugh announced he's leaving.

So far, it seems that Michigan has avoided any kinds of massive abandonment via the transfer portal, which is likely due to Moore himself being named the successor to JH. Whether that changes remains to be seen, of course, but recent news has me hopeful it won't happen. Have we missed out on adding some people this transfer period, probably. But the mix of returning starters and the 'next men up' is still exciting for next season.

I understand that recruiting is the lifeblood of college sports. But Michigan has proved that with great COACHING a team can rise to the top despite not having a tons of 5* players. I believe Sherrone Moore will continue that tradition of top notch coaching with whomever he hires for his staff. Frankly, with Moore in charge, perhaps Michigan's recruiting will get even better. But we can't even pretend to know WTF is going to happen two weeks after the man was named head coach! I hope he continues to bring in young men who are about being at MICHIGAN, not some NIL bullshit. That's what has made the recent teams so amazing.

To say that this program is all of a sudden tanking is absolutely asinine. Will repeating as B1G and National Champs be difficult. OF COURSE! It would have been hard if Harbaugh, McCarthy, et al, had stayed. That's what makes winning championships so special! They can be rare! I, for one, am going to continue enjoying walking around in my NC gear and all the random GO BLUEs I get from strangers even here in NM. My favorite sports teams (Michigan, MilwaukeeBrewers) haven't been on the hilltop for a LONG time (or ever), so I'm going to relish this 2023 Michigan Wolverines Football team until the 2024 season starts.

No offense to anyone who has posted about their impatience, btw. We ALL love our Michigan football team and want to see the best things for it. I certainly understand any frustration. But, there's a process for all of this AND we got a late start due to the timing of WINNING A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! Goddamn that sounds great, don't it?! GO BLUE!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News