ADVERTISEMENT

Would you lie on your job resume where you went to college?

John4UM

Sophomore
Mar 12, 2004
A friend of mine who graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering from Penn State Beaver campus (one of 20 PSU satellite campuses) is going to say he graduated from the main Penn State University Park campus on his job resume. I told him it's not a good idea and makes no sense. Why even think about doing it? His degree is strong as is so risking potentially getting fired from his employer is foolish.

What do you think?

A friend of mine who graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering from Penn State Beaver campus (one of 20 PSU satellite campuses) is going to say he graduated from the main Penn State University Park campus on his job resume. I told him it's not a good idea and makes no sense. Why even think about doing it? His degree is strong as is so risking potentially getting fired from his employer is foolish.

What do you think?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Total BS and a lie. Penn State Beaver only offers 5 full 4-year bachelor's degree programs, and Electrical Engineering isn't one of them. The only way one can attend Beaver and then get an EE bachelor's degree is by doing the Frosh/Soph years at Beaver, and the Junior/Senior years at University Park.

http://www.br.psu.edu/Academics/bacc.htm

Now, to answer your REAL question: yes, I think it is intellectually dishonest for UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint grads to just put down "University of Michigan" on their resume. If I were hiring, I would look very askance at that behavior.

Last edited:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Total BS and a lie. Penn State Beaver only offers 5 full 4-year bachelor's degree programs, and Electrical Engineering isn't one of them. The only way one can attend Beaver and then get an EE bachelor's degree is by doing the Frosh/Soph years at Beaver, and the Junior/Senior years at University Park.

http://www.br.psu.edu/Academics/bacc.htm

Now, to answer your REAL question: yes, I think it is intellectually dishonest for UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint grads to just put down "University of Michigan" on their resume. If I were hiring, I would look very askance at that behavior.
What does Ed/beefer think?

New reality show " resume wars" ... I have a nephew who put teaching Asst on his resume. It said that he aided art students with visualization and conceptualization of form and shadow as it applies to the human body. He was a nude model.

Yes, if I had graduated from $partyville, I'd claim I had graduated from the University of Michigan. Much better chance of getting the job I wanted. Unless I was applying for a pizza delivery man/woman job.

Reactions: MGO_Clayton
Yes, if I had graduated from $partyville, I'd claim I had graduated from the University of Michigan. Much better chance of getting the job I wanted. Unless I was applying for a pizza delivery man/woman job.[/QUOTE
It's ok for Wolverine's to apply for pizza delivery jobs.
Obvious you're not familiar with Tom Monahgan.
A U of M grad who met his wife while delivering pizza.
He also founded Domino's pizza. Million $$$++ company.
So no prob from my perspective a Spartan or Wolverine ever delivering pizza.
And kudos to T M. For all he's done for the U of M.

,,,,,,,,,,,cheers

What do you think?

What does the degree say? Penn State University or Penn State--Beaver Campus? What about someone graduating from UM-Flint or Dearborn? Bet it says University Of Michigan. When you put your resume together they ask where you got your degree from. Honestly who gives a crap. Does it make someone more valuable or smarter if they went to the main campus versus a satellite campus? NOPE. Is a 3.5 GPA from a satellite campus someone how not the same as one earned at the major campus. NOPE. Some of your folks really need to get over yourselves. Not sure I'd want to be employed by someone that would make a distinction anyways.

What does the degree say? Penn State University or Penn State--Beaver Campus? What about someone graduating from UM-Flint or Dearborn? Bet it says University Of Michigan. When you put your resume together they ask where you got your degree from. Honestly who gives a crap. Does it make someone more valuable or smarter if they went to the main campus versus a satellite campus? NOPE. Is a 3.5 GPA from a satellite campus someone how not the same as one earned at the major campus. NOPE. Some of your folks really need to get over yourselves. Not sure I'd want to be employed by someone that would make a distinction anyways.
HAAAAAAAA!!!

Reactions: Amadou
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT