ADVERTISEMENT

Win and In?

STPGopherfan

Heisman
Aug 10, 2001
Looks like this is a winner takes all battle royal. I think my Gophers are safe, but I'm not sure how much some upsets would shake up things.

Anyway, it will be tough with Michigan playing in front of what should be a home crowd. Can't complain about that one bit though. We have played more than our share at the Xcel in Saint Paul Minnesota.

See you tonight!

I think Minnesota is in no matter what happens tonight. Michigan has to win or they are done and will miss the NCAA tournament for the third straight year. It will be tough as they have already played two games and last night was a battle. You could already see the coaches thinking ahead to tonight once Michigan got a more comfortable lead later in the third as they started really shortening shifts. They were rolling lines about every 20 to 30 seconds if at all possible.

It should be a Michigan leaning crowd, but crowds haven't been all that great down there, especially on Thursday and from the sounds of it was pretty thin for the Minnesota/Ohio State game as well. I think Michigan/Michigan State did a bit better, but there were still a lot of empty seats.

Going up against the opening weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament is doing the Big Ten conference tournament no favors.

Was told to expect about 8K tonight. I don't think that'll happen based off early returns.

Originally posted by Puckhead:
I think Minnesota is in no matter what happens tonight. Michigan has to win or they are done and will miss the NCAA tournament for the third straight year. It will be tough as they have already played two games and last night was a battle. You could already see the coaches thinking ahead to tonight once Michigan got a more comfortable lead later in the third as they started really shortening shifts. They were rolling lines about every 20 to 30 seconds if at all possible.

It should be a Michigan leaning crowd, but crowds haven't been all that great down there, especially on Thursday and from the sounds of it was pretty thin for the Minnesota/Ohio State game as well. I think Michigan/Michigan State did a bit better, but there were still a lot of empty seats.

Going up against the opening weekend of the NCAA basketball tournament is doing the Big Ten conference tournament no favors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT