ADVERTISEMENT

Who knew OSU was so overrated?

3 1/2 yrds./touch. About 1/2 his average per carry. Again, why are you so much smarter than Urban Meyer?

Please try to be somewhat impartial. MSU stuffed OSU's running game. UM couldn't.
And if conditions were equally bad...they were....why did MSU run all over OSU? With a 2nd and 3rd string QB? O'Connor ran the same plays Meyer did with Barrett. MSU moved the ball consistently. OSU did it twice when they had two very short fields. UM lost a game to MSU because they fumbled a punt. OSU scored twice on MSU after 2 turnovers, as well. Who was lucky? OSU? Or MSU unlucky? Or just bad on a couple plays? Who botched a play? MSU gave the ball twice to OSU deep in their own territory and OSU scored both times. When OSU had to go 60-70 yds. they couldn't do it vs. MSU....but could on UM. MSU's O line manhandled OSU's vaunted Joey Bosa et al. They.....just.....did.

I'm not trying to embarrass UM. But, really, MSU won. MSU beat OSU in Columbus. You lost to 'em at home. Please....give the guys credit. You don't have to. It's OK. Nothing can detract from their success. MSU earned that win.

Ok so you know more than Elliot when he said the inside power/gap plays were working (THEY WERE) and OSU never called them after that series.....gotcha....

You're a head coach of what collegiate team again?

Now your just babbling ignorance.... MSU does not run the same palys... thats like saying since MSU has a tail back they run the same plays... LMAO...

You CLEARLY do not know what you are talking about.

Yes, MSU shut down the running of Barrett.... Yes the defense took away th passing game and Yes the Tired OSU defense didnt stop MSU when the game was on the line...

But You are DAFT if you think that OSU ran the same game plan against MSU that it did against UM... like TOTALLY CLUELESS

Ok so you know more than Elliot when he said the inside power/gap plays were working (THEY WERE) and OSU never called them after that series.....gotcha....

Now your just babbling ignorance.... MSU does not run the same palys... thats like saying since MSU has a tail back they run the same plays... LMAO...

Yes, MSU shut down the running of Barrett.... Yes the defense took away th passing game and Yes the Tired OSU defense didnt stop MSU when the game was on the line...

But You are DAFT if you think that OSU ran the same game plan against MSU that it did against UM... like TOTALLY CLUELESS

The bottom line is that against MSU, OSU ran Barrett 15 times, averaging 2.9 yards per carry, ran Elliott 12 times, averaging 2.8 yards per carry, and passed the ball 16 times, averaging 2.9 yards per attempt. Those stats demonstrate that MSU was remarkably effective and consistent in stopping whatever OSU was running. I think your distinction between stopping Barrett and not stopping Elliott, is: 1) inconsistent with the facts, and, 2) demonstrates that you don't really understand that many of OSU's runs are zone read plays (and whether Barrett kept it or handed off, OSU wasn't moving the ball consistently).

Reactions: ThatsMrSpartan2U
The bottom line is that against MSU, OSU ran Barrett 15 times, averaging 2.9 yards per carry, ran Elliott 12 times, averaging 2.8 yards per carry, and passed the ball 16 times, averaging 2.9 yards per attempt. Those stats demonstrate that MSU was remarkably effective and consistent in stopping whatever OSU was running. I think your distinction between stopping Barrett and not stopping Elliott, is: 1) inconsistent with the facts, and, 2) demonstrates that you don't really understand that many of OSU's runs are zone read plays (and whether Barrett kept it or handed off, OSU wasn't moving the ball consistently).

OMG dude... stop freaking gripping.... the fact is Elliot got 2 carries in the second half. The fact is that MSU DID NOT stop the inside gap blocking play that Elliot was upset about in the press conference....

Man try reading what is actually written!!!!

Fact is the game plan OSU used against MIchigan WAS NOT the same game plan (not even close) that was that train wreck against MSU...

One thing I know is the OSU offense and for a clown of another program to claim they do and say what you are saying shows you have 0 clue as to what you are talking about

Seems the only guy "gripping" in this thread is you. If your point is that your team's game plan for MSU didn't work, I agree. Meyer's saying all week - posted signs in the OSU facilities, said it in his press conference and repeated it on Gameday - was "the most prepared team will win." Well, he was right about that, I think we can agree, right?

Last edited:

The reason Michigan State beat Ohio State is because MSU's O-line and D-line are better than OSU's. Think about this, Cook is out, you know MSU can't pass the ball. However, MSU is still able to run the ball all game. OSU's run was stopped the whole game and Barrett could only get time to throw when he rolled out. If it was not for MSU's two bad turnovers you are most likely shutout.

Seems the only guy "gripping" in this thread is you. If your point is that your team's game plan for MSU didn't work, I agree. Meyer's saying all week - posted signs in the OSU facilities, said it in his press conference and repeated in on Gameday - was, "the most prepared team will win." Well, he was right about that, I think we can agree, right?

Why do you insist on taking what I said completely out of context?

Someone made a comment that was not accurate. Elliot in his comments during the press conference pointed out that the inside runs with gap blocking were working and they NEVER went back to them... That is a fact as the drive chart CLEARLY shows..... it was a tactical blunder made by the staff....

Elliot got a grand whopping total of 4 carries the rest of the entire game. That series of which I am speaking occurred in the 1st quarter. The idea that the best offensive player on your team gets 4 touches for the remaining 3 1/2 quarters of the game is INSANITY

Do you think its mere coincidence that Time Beck was NOT calling plays against Michigan? That Meyer took Warriner off the sidelines, put him in the booth and HE, not Beck called the game?

The reason Michigan State beat Ohio State is because MSU's O-line and D-line are better than OSU's. Think about this, Cook is out, you know MSU can't pass the ball. However, MSU is still able to run the ball all game. OSU's run was stopped the whole game and Barrett could only get time to throw when he rolled out. If it was not for MSU's two bad turnovers you are most likely shutout.

I do not agree with that. Better that day, yes. Better overall, no.

OSU simply was lazy and did not want that game much at all. MSU wanted it way more and not even close for that day The OSU coaches coasted through not caring that much if they lost looking ahead to Michigan as they fear Harbaugh long term. Meyer won't get roasted that much by the OSU fan base for losing to MSU especially with 1 NC under his belt. He would be hung on a silver platter for losing tio Michigan especially since we now have Harbaagh who is a super threat in the coming years and they hate Michigan more than anything even though MSU is the better program and a bigger threat ATM for getting to the conference championship. Their hatred is still for Michigan even though we have been down and that will never change.

Same situation would be if Michigan and Rutgers for instance were by far the 2 favorites ahead of everyone else going into the East this year and were the dominant programs the last few years. There is no hatred between Michigan and Rutgers, but them two would be the biggest threats to each other winning the conference, not natural rival hatred.

Me as a Michigan fan will always have natural rival hatred towards MSU and OSU even if Michigan was on tiop and MSU and OSU were bad. Although it is significantly worse and literally ruining my life to the point where I cannot watch college athletics anymore that MSU is so grat in football and basketball and OSU is in football and sometimes has been in basketyball as well while Michigan has been down.

Had it been some other team on top of the Big Ten that wasn't MSU or OSU even if Michigan still was mediocre or bad, it would be a lot less miserable.

OSU simply was lazy and did not want that game much at all. MSU wanted it way more and not even close for that day The OSU coaches coasted through not caring that much if they lost looking ahead to Michigan as they fear Harbaugh long term. Meyer won't get roasted that much by the OSU fan base for losing to MSU especially with 1 NC under his belt. He would be hung on a silver platter for losing tio Michigan especially since we now have Harbaagh who is a super threat in the coming years and they hate Michigan more than anything even though MSU is the better program and a bigger threat ATM for getting to the conference championship. Their hatred is still for Michigan even though we have been down and that will never change.

Same situation would be if Michigan and Rutgers for instance were by far the 2 favorites ahead of everyone else going into the East this year and were the dominant programs the last few years. There is no hatred between Michigan and Rutgers, but them two would be the biggest threats to each other winning the conference, not natural rival hatred.

Me as a Michigan fan will always have natural rival hatred towards MSU and OSU even if Michigan was on tiop and MSU and OSU were bad. Although it is significantly worse and literally ruining my life to the point where I cannot watch college athletics anymore that MSU is so grat in football and basketball and OSU is in football and sometimes has been in basketyball as well while Michigan has been down.

Had it been some other team on top of the Big Ten that wasn't MSU or OSU even if Michigan still was mediocre or bad, it would be a lot less miserable.

I can understand Ohio State's game plan for the Michigan State game. It was a good and safe game plan. Put yourself in OSU's shoes. You are at home, Cook is out, and you have 20-30 MPW with poring rains. I am willing to bet that Urban Meyer believed with the given conditions; All OSU has to do is lean on MSU and they would win. Why throw the ball into such conditions and risk 2-3 picks that could turn the game. As the game started to unfold. OSU has trouble running the ball but stays ahead on the scoreboard. This makes OSU play even more conservative. I am sure if the conditions were better they would have passed more. OSU's staff may have had a false sense of what MSU's O-line could do. Braking down precisely played games when MSU was banged up. Now at full strength it is a different animal. I don't think OSU looked past MSU. However, when you always find ways to win it is easy to become passive until you get bit.

MSU physically beat up and pushed OSU around all game. Nothing was working for OSU. Pure dominance by MSU. 135 yards TOTAL and only FIVE first downs!!

OSU isn't the best team in the B1G this year...deal with it.

Yeah...playing for another national title...senior day...OSU didn't want to beat MSU at all. o_O

MSU physically beat up and pushed OSU around all game. Nothing was working for OSU. Pure dominance by MSU. 135 yards TOTAL and only FIVE first downs!!

OSU isn't the best team in the B1G this year...deal with it.

What a load of revisionist crap! MSU won a FG as time is expiring 17-14 you need to put the glue down if you think scoring 17 is dominating anything!

As for nothing working your right only in one sense and that is Beck's gawd awful play calling... seriously who thinks giving Elliot the ball exactly 2 times midway through the FIRST QUARTER is a good idea????? All Elliot did on his first 8 carries was drive OSU down for its first score.

I HOPE OSU gets MSU again because you MSU fans are pretty clueless and its going to be riot watching you guys implode because you cant understand how you could be so "dominate" in Colubus without Cook and get run out of the stadium in the play off... lmao

What a load of revisionist crap! MSU won a FG as time is expiring 17-14 you need to put the glue down if you think scoring 17 is dominating anything!

As for nothing working your right only in one sense and that is Beck's gawd awful play calling... seriously who thinks giving Elliot the ball exactly 2 times midway through the FIRST QUARTER is a good idea????? All Elliot did on his first 8 carries was drive OSU down for its first score.

I HOPE OSU gets MSU again because you MSU fans are pretty clueless and its going to be riot watching you guys implode because you cant understand how you could be so "dominate" in Colubus without Cook and get run out of the stadium in the play off... lmao
I hope Bama and Clemson lose so OSU makes their way back into the 4 team playoff. I would love to play OSU again.

Lol. MSU won so they get the right to beat their chest and trash talk a bit. Regardless of how they won or why, it's scoreboard. Now this whole "Our line is better than yours, blah blah blah, and other such comments, those who aren't biased and know football know the truth.

Having said that I'll be rooting for MSU this Saturday because I do believe they have a better shot of winning it all than Iowa. And winning it all would be good for the Big 10.

Lol. MSU won so they get the right to beat their chest and trash talk a bit. Regardless of how they won or why, it's scoreboard. Now this whole "Our line is better than yours, blah blah blah, and other such comments, those who aren't biased and know football know the truth.

Having said that I'll be rooting for MSU this Saturday because I do believe they have a better shot of winning it all than Iowa. And winning it all would be good for the Big 10.
So what is the truth? You don't think MSU's O-line and D-line are better?

So what is the truth? You don't think MSU's O-line and D-line are better?

Well, the coaches voted for 4 OSU All-Conference offensive linemen and 5 for MSU. Both teams had 2 first team All-Conference offensive linemen.

The Media had 3 All-Conference linemen for each team with 2 first teamers for both OSU and MSU.

Both the coaches and the media had a total of 4 All-Conference defensive linemen for each program, with 2 for each team as first team All-Big 10.

An OSU player was made Offensive Lineman of the year as well as Defensive Lineman of the Year.

So no, I don't think MSU's lines are better, and neither do the coaches or the media.

Your turn.

Well, the coaches voted for 4 OSU All-Conference offensive linemen and 5 for MSU. Both teams had 2 first team All-Conference offensive linemen.

The Media had 3 All-Conference linemen for each team with 2 first teamers for both OSU and MSU.

Both the coaches and the media had a total of 4 All-Conference defensive linemen for each program, with 2 for each team as first team All-Big 10.

An OSU player was made Offensive Lineman of the year as well as Defensive Lineman of the Year.

So no, I don't think MSU's lines are better, and neither do the coaches or the media.

Your turn.
After all the awards you listed. Both school’s lines sound relatively even. Maybe the OSU lines had better statistical seasons. Maybe they looked better throughout the season verse the big ten. However, when they played each other MSU's lines looked better.

After all the awards you listed. Both school’s lines sound relatively even. Maybe the OSU lines had better statistical seasons. Maybe they looked better throughout the season verse the big ten. However, when they played each other MSU's lines looked better.

That was my point Lake Tahoe. If you go back to your post, #46, you had a much different take. Similarly, if you go back to my post, I said that MSU has scoreboard. The reason is that sometimes one team plays better that day than the other.

I do give you credit for changing your stance.

I pray we do... Spartan fan wont like the outcome one bit...

It will actually be very interesting to see what the CFP Committee does if Clemson or Alabama falter. Even though based on this week's rankings, OSU would seem to be the next team up, I wouldn't be surprised if the Committee:
- picked UNC, a 1-loss team that actually played and won against previously undefeated and #1 Clemson
- picked Stanford (assuming they win their game), with 2 losses but a conference champion

We will learn a lot about how the Committee's priorities with an upset in the ACC or SEC.

Unlike the old poll system, being next team up doesn't guarantee that you will be the next team up. I think the priority remains the same as last year.

- get the four best teams into the playoff.

After that there is no set scenario as to what is the priority. Last season because of the teams involved, having a conference championship was critical. This year, it's not.

Being a conference championship may or may not. But I'm sure it will be weighed heavily.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT