ADVERTISEMENT

Where Is Brady Now? What's He Doing?

Blue Kahuna

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Central Florida
Of course we've all seen the article that Hoke closed on the sale of his $2.75 million 11,000 square foot house about ten minutes from the athletic campus last Friday. He hadn't been living there for awhile. That's understandable. His only child, daughter Kelly, is about thirty years old and presumably not living at home. (Makes you wonder what he and wife Laura did in 11,000 square feet on 34 acres, all by themselves.)

Anyway, where did Brady go? And what's he doing? Has he got a cottage up north? He was visiting some other colleges and there was that rumor about him joining the Notre Dame staff. He won't run out of money anytime soon, that's for sure. But what's he doing and where's he living?

Probably taking the year off and looking towards getting back into coaching next season. He may not get another head coaching job because he was not a huge name like Rich Rod before he came to Michigan. Hoke was up and coming coach and success in Michigan would have made his head coaching career, He has excellent connections across both college and the NFL. His brother is now the DC at South Carolina as well. Nevertheless, Brady proved to the big schools that he is NOT capable of leading a huge football program. The debacle with Morris and the outcrying for his job on a national level screwed him.

Of course we've all seen the article that Hoke closed on the sale of his $2.75 million 11,000 square foot house about ten minutes from the athletic campus last Friday. He hadn't been living there for awhile. That's understandable. His only child, daughter Kelly, is about thirty years old and presumably not living at home. (Makes you wonder what he and wife Laura did in 11,000 square feet on 34 acres, all by themselves.)

Anyway, where did Brady go? And what's he doing? Has he got a cottage up north? He was visiting some other colleges and there was that rumor about him joining the Notre Dame staff. He won't run out of money anytime soon, that's for sure. But what's he doing and where's he living?
I believe he's well into "Offensive Line Play For Dummies". Maybe he can use the money from his house to buy a good staff if he gets a 1AA job.

Here's what I'm trying to figure out. I understaff loyalty and all that but when things aren't clicking like RR and BH why don't they make changes? It happens in business all the time which is judged on a quarterly system rather than an annual return but . . .

Because if you gas a coach at the first sign of trouble three things can happen:

1) Continual buyouts are an overhead that is just unsustainable.
2) It makes the school look hostile and coaches may be gun shy to get aboard.
3) Instability for players and would be recruits.

OK, OK. But my question was "where is he (living)?" and "what is he doing (with his free time)?"

OK, OK. But my question was "where is he (living)?" and "what is he doing (with his free time)?"
Was walking down the country lane in front of my home here in brentwood TN about 2 wks back along with 7-8 other people incl his wife and daughter. turns out his wife's sis and family live around the corner from me. I'm sure this response will get some coaching remarks but that's not what i'm responding to. I can tell you this, one of the nicest guys I've ever met - had never talked with him before. Those of my family who were home came out on the road and we had a 20-30 minute discussion with all of the hokes. 3 of my 5 kids who are in college were there incl one of my sons who plays college football. The entire family got into lots of detail with them about their colleges, my son's team, our family background and on and on. great family that's for sure. I bet I got 3 back slaps from him while we were talking. A lot of laughs. they sold their home in one day, did not know where they were going to move yet and just taking it easy for now. they said they would likely see us in the near term as they visit Laura's sis often and love our country lane and would stop by when they are down the road again. they were just taking a walk that day.

Reactions: anon_sg4bgyiuileo1
Was walking down the country lane in front of my home here in brentwood TN about 2 wks back along with 7-8 other people incl his wife and daughter. turns out his wife's sis and family live around the corner from me. I'm sure this response will get some coaching remarks but that's not what i'm responding to. I can tell you this, one of the nicest guys I've ever met - had never talked with him before. Those of my family who were home came out on the road and we had a 20-30 minute discussion with all of the hokes. 3 of my 5 kids who are in college were there incl one of my sons who plays college football. The entire family got into lots of detail with them about their colleges, my son's team, our family background and on and on. great family that's for sure. I bet I got 3 back slaps from him while we were talking. A lot of laughs. they sold their home in one day, did not know where they were going to move yet and just taking it easy for now. they said they would likely see us in the near term as they visit Laura's sis often and love our country lane and would stop by when they are down the road again. they were just taking a walk that day.
I'm glad your interaction with him was positive. He may be lambasted as a coach, but never as a person.

Good to hear that he is spending time with family and relaxing which is exactly what he needs im sure. Like I said before, Brady has connections and he will probably return to college football as a position coach but probably not a HC or OC/DC. Financially, he parachuted out of Ann Arbor with a sweet severance package so he is set to take off many many years if he needs to.

I'm glad your interaction with him was positive. He may be lambasted as a coach, but never as a person.
It's great that he is a nice person, but he was atrocious at the job he was paid millions of dollars to perform.

Last edited:
We all know what happened during Brady's era.... He didn't do what he set out to do, he made mistakes, Mich wasn't successful. It's all well documented. I'll say this about Brady though, he clearly loved Michigan and will always love Michigan. He gave us a huge pick me up after the RR era with that 2011 season... I'll always think of him and try remember that, the good things. Go Blue!

Reactions: anon_sg4bgyiuileo1
Brady was a great person but a terrible coach.

And Brady Hoke would be responsible for leaving Harbaugh a roster to allow a heinous crime to occur against Michigan football which would be losing to hated MSU at home if that happens this fall.

Losing to MSU at home is never and I repeat NEVER ever OK regardless of the circumstances. And if we lose to them at home this fall, it will be the fault of Hoke for leaving Harbaugh with a roster to enable that horrific crime to occur.

If we beat MSU at home this year, I can forgive Brady and at least acknowledge he left some peices behnd for Harbaugh But heaven forbid if we somehow lose to them. the jokes directed at Hoke on message boards are well deserved until we win the big Ten title and beat MSU in EL or for 4 years whichever comes first.

Def a nice person, maybe to nice for big time football. Hope he ends up in a more successful location.

Here's what I'm trying to figure out. I understaff loyalty and all that but when things aren't clicking like RR and BH why don't they make changes? It happens in business all the time which is judged on a quarterly system rather than an annual return but . . .
quarterly judging is a large part of the prblem for american business...IMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT