ADVERTISEMENT

When you find out -- decades later -- who that kid you babysat for grew into ...

MrNvisible

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2001
Boston area
So I attended my 40th high school reunion this weekend (it should have been last year but was pushed back due to the pandemic), and a few of my old classmates who grew up in my neighborhood were discussing "famous people" who had come out of a few square blocks. And one of the guys goes ... "the head coach at Arizona, Jedd Fisch, grew up on the corner of your street and mine ..."

So I am trying to confirm the spot with this guy, because it's a T corner, and one side of it was a friend of mine who was a drummer (and you could always hear him playing), but the other side was a family where they had some boys, and they wanted to hire a male babysitter and they hired me. And I swear the baby's name was Jared or Jed or Zed or something that I considered unusual back in the day (but I don't know if Jedd Fisch has any siblings, and I definitely was sitting for a young boy and his baby brother). And my parents told me sometime after college that the family had moved away, they thought to the next town ...

And I never knew until checking but Jedd Fisch graduated from high school one town over ... and he's 14 years younger than me, so the age would have been about right ...

I've had plenty of brushes with fame over the years, but this one may be the weirdest. (Who's got a story like this from their past?)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News