Votes: 64 8.0%
  • Other

Votes: 12 1.5%

• Total voters

Jim__S

Heisman
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Is it time to make a change? In my view, yes. Cade is unbeaten for crying out loud. Then again, so was the Clemson QB who Trevor Lawrence replaced.

Just one thought. Would it make sense to shift to JJ asap as by the time we play Ohio State he would have 7 games of starting experience? That may be enough to give us a better shot at beating Ohio State than sticking with game manager Cade. But at what cost? Perhaps losing a game or two through freshman mistakes that Cade would have won? Better to go up against Ohio State with a 9-2 record and game manager Cade or with a 7-4 record but roll the dice and rapidly improving JJ? Questions, questions, questions. And the only answer that matters us Jim’s. Still, I for one have come to the conclusion that it is time to roll the dice with JJ. QB is the position where a difference-maker can truly elevate an entire team. Look at Burrow at LSU. But even he needed experience before going on a roll. I think that Cade had been unfairly maligned this week on this board. The knives have come out after a half of bad play. His performance last week is not why I want yo go with JJ. I just think that the clock is ticking and JJ needs the PT to give us our best shot against Ohio State. And to me, I’ll trade a possible win against Ohio State with possible losses against a couple of other teams. After all, when we talk 2016 we talk about the Ohio State loss, not our other Big Ten loss. Who was that other team? How soon we forget when it is not a rival.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News