ADVERTISEMENT

We have PSU shell-shocked at the moment

Capt28

All-League
Jan 23, 2008
. . . again. 5-0 in the middle of the 2P. Connor has a natural hat trick in the second period and JT has 4 assists.

Arrggghh. 5-minute major and game misconduct on Downing, what a surprise. Killed off the first 1:07 of it at the end of the 2P and have to deal with the remaining 3:53 at the start of the 3P.

Well they scored one and we scored one during the 5-minute PP. Penalty over and it is 6-2.

Big ten hockey is toxic. Only above Atlantic hockey now.

I hope they play Minnesota tomorrow. Ohio state would not gear them for playoffs.

In December. Downing had a major and misconduct vs Minnesota and sat out both gli games. I would think he would be out his next three games. Absolutely stupid play on his behalf. Want m to play the teams who ended each of its last 3 seasons.

U-M definitely had Penn State's number this year. Fairly decent year for PSU, but it's now over. Good luck in the tournament: I have tix for Cincinnati next week so maybe I'll see Michigan.

Big ten hockey is toxic. Only above Atlantic hockey now.

I hope they play Minnesota tomorrow. Ohio state would not gear them for playoffs.

In December. Downing had a major and misconduct vs Minnesota and sat out both gli games. I would think he would be out his next three games. Absolutely stupid play on his behalf. Want m to play the teams who ended each of its last 3 seasons.
It was interesting to hear the announcers think that Downing would not get any more than 5 and the rest of the game.

Thankfully, we stayed a little more disciplined even with PSU getting a little more chippy.

The big thing they were talking about or at least that was rambling around the twitterverse was that this was his 3rd major of the season for contact to the head and that came with a mandatory 1 game suspension. Later they backed off that a bit saying the third one was in the exhibition game against the US-NTDP so it didn't count. I don't remember how many he's had, for what, or against whom, but he has seemed to collect a larger than normal number of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT