ADVERTISEMENT

We continue to hear that the B1G has officially paused on expansion,

maizenblue_follower

Heisman
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2001
USA
www.facebook.com
BUT honestly, have they? I do not believe so one bit.

I believe they learned from watching the SEC to target certain schools strategically to gain eyeballs and those who will bring greater competitive balance. They've done this by high grade 2nd tier programs that are competitive. We have many of those in the B1G as well.

Moving forward IMHO we will see the SEC move sooner rather than later. WHY? They want to box the B1G out of the south in an attempt to limit B1G recruiting deep south.

Consider how a number of schools are better ac academic schools than given credit. They've shown to be higher in the US News reports. Yet, we know the B1G Presidents are committed to AAU and High Quality institutions, rightfully so.

With that said, I can see that the B1G isn't standing pat. WHY? Read between the lines with NBC working very hard to gain media rights to the B1G along with ND.

Like it or not ND is THE desired target and I suspect ND is getting an earful from the NBC execs working to get them to realize that joining a conference is a must and not a consideration. So what must be considered is what schools would grow media rights value and substantiate expanding to limit diluting the media rights deal per school.

#1: ND, #2: Miami, #3: FSU, #4: Clemson. 3 of these schools have been reported to be top choices for the SEC. What we know. ND has high quality academics and even though they aren't AAU the education at ND is first rate.

Miami is a much better school than we may wish to admit. In fact, a close friend had severe eye issues, floaters and such hindering his eyesight. The medical school at Miami has a very good program. In fact, they saved him from going blind. Another friend worked in medical research at Miami, he shared with me how their work was outstanding and how they attempt to collaborate with other schools med school research. Miami is a good school and best of all, they've got the south Florida markets.

FSU is a school which has a nationwide appeal and will most assuredly bring eyeballs. FSU has also been working diligently like as Miami in upgrading their academic reputation. IMHO FSU would make a great addition.

Clemson is a better school that given credit for being. I have two friend's whose two boy's attended grad school at Clemson. They have proven to be very successful in their field of architecture where they both specialized in restoration of older building, especially for those that appear on the national historic registry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News