ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Transfer Portal Rumblings: Two players expressing interest in Michigan

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
As we progress through December and through the transfer portal saga, I will try to share what I am hearing and what I know. It might not necessarily come to fruition but you all know I am transparent when it comes to what I know when I know it. This is why I am starting my "Transfer Portal Rumblings" series. Information on Michigan's pursuits in the portal or even discussing potential departures.

Let's get started.

We have been able to confirm two portal entrants that have an interest in Michigan that would make sense for the Wolverines to pursue for a variety of reasons.

One of those that had made sense previously was Stanford offensive lineman Myles Hinton. Hinton has heard from the staff but the contact has only been preliminary as of this writing. We tracked down a rumor today that suggested Hinton was planning to visit Ann Arbor this weekend (the number of rumors I have to track down in a week I don't report on because they're usually baseless is ridiculous lol) and was quickly shot down by Hinton.

"I wish!" was the response.

The Wolverines' addition of LaDarius Henderson muddies the water a bit when it comes to pursuing another lineman. Unless a departure happens that is unexpected, I expect Hinton to be put on the back burner and someone to circle back to. I get the sense that they would be a legitimate candidate if it were something the Wolverines pursue.

On the defensive side of the ball, we have also confirmed that Notre Dame DL Ositadinma Ekwonu also has an interest in the Wolverines.

While he has yet to hear from the staff, Ekwonu informed us that he hopes that changes soon. The defensive lineman has a relationship with Mike Elston, his former position coach and was recruited by him. What we aren't aware of is whether he will be pursued at this moment. Either way, he is someone to keep an eye on if Elston decides to set his sights on Ekwonu.

That's all I have for now. Continuing to do some digging on Josh Cuevas, but no one really knows much about him. I'm getting tight end depth as a response, which isn't exactly helpful for you all.

Stay tuned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News