ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Minter for 2024

Trevor McCue

Senior Editor
Staff
Feb 2, 2022
I still think NFL DC is his logical next step. He interviewed for the Eagles last year, which was a great opportunity, and while it wasn't likely he would get the gig, it was a good experience to go through the process. While I think he could return next year, a few potential openings make a lot of sense.

Baltimore: Mike Macdonald is a hot name for future HC jobs after what he has done with the Ravens defense. If he were to leave, Minter following Macdonald again and returning to Baltimore makes a lot of football sense.

Cincinnati: Lou Anarumo could get some looks this offseason as well. He's on the older side, which has not been the MO for NFL hires as of late, but he was also an HC candidate last season. Minter spent the second half of his childhood in Cinci while his dad was a coach at UC, he also went to college in the area.

Cowboys: Dan Quinn has been an HC candidate the last two cycles and either turned down offers or did not get an offer, depending on who you read. Still have to think he could leave this season and although there aren't any obvious connections with Minter and Dallas, if they were interested it would be hard to turn down the chance to coach the Cowboys, especially with some of the players they have on that side of the ball.

Detroit: I still see Aaron Glenn listed as an HC candidate, which is kind of wild to me given the inconsistent results from the Lions. And if he doesn't get a job, you wonder if Detroit would move on from him this offseason? Lions obviously have been able to take a good look at Minter and he would have a chance to move to the NFL without having to move.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News