ADVERTISEMENT

This team would be undefeated with a decent QB

It's hard to believe that our "best qb by a considerable margin" can't throw a ball more than 15 yards before it starts wobbling and quacking.

How about the play where Rudock left the passing lane to throw the ball right into the DL arms. Even Spielman was baffled by that one.

And if Rudock goes down, the #2 on the depth chart hasn't received a snap all year despite all the lopsided wins.

Sorry to beat a dead dog, but my frustration boiled over on Saturday, as it was quite evident that the staff had no faith in Rudock. Instead of attacking an extremely vulnerable secondary, we went real conservative.

Here's where I disagree with what Harbaugh is doing...He's telling us that #1 is considerably better than #2 but not letting us see for ourselves. What if Morris came in and looked pretty good? Harbaugh doesn't want Rudock hearing footsteps because he's trying to coach him up into something that he just can't be. Harbaugh made his decision and apparently part of that decision is that No.2 will not play unless No.1 goes down.

And we would probably would not be going to a bowl game without Rudock. JH has taken the best QB available and played to his strength's, which is ball control.
Next season should be completely different once he has a year to groom his own QB.

And we would probably would not be going to a bowl game without Rudock. JH has taken the best QB available and played to his strength's, which is ball control.
Next season should be completely different once he has a year to groom his own QB.

Agree Rudock has done well enough to get us to 5-2, and we will be going bowling for sure thanks to solid defense and special teams. I hope and feel pretty sure JH has been grooming the other QBs all season, and will take advantage of this two week opportunity to really ramp it up. With the exception of the two losses, the "ball control" (if you don't count all the three and outs) "game management" approach has been adequate thus far this season.

It's hard to believe that our "best qb by a considerable margin" can't throw a ball more than 15 yards before it starts wobbling and quacking.

And if Leidner goes down, the #2 on the depth chart received only a hand full of snaps in one blowout loss all year.

Sorry to beat a dead dog, but my frustration boiled over on Saturday, as it was quite evident that the staff had no faith in Leidner. Instead of attacking an extremely vulnerable secondary, we went real conservative.

Here's where I disagree with what Kill is doing...He's telling us that #1 is considerably better than #2 but not letting us see for ourselves. What if Croft came in and looked pretty good? Kill doesn't want Leidner hearing footsteps because he's trying to coach him up into something that he just can't be. Kill made his decision and apparently part of that decision is that No.2 will not play unless No.1 goes down.

FIFY Now you sound like a true Gopher fan.

Ruddock has done a decent job as game manager, but again, that's not good enough to beat the better teams. If Ruddock had hit a couple of wide open passes, particularly those to Chesseau (sp?) ... it would never have come down to that last freak play. Otherwise, you're right ... Ruddock has done what's asked of him ... but maybe now it's time for the coaching staff to ask for more from our offense. I'd like to see us beat Ohio State for instance. That won't happen with just a flawlessly executed game management job by Ruddock.

I think you guys can still beat tOSU with Rudock. Rudock gave Urban Meyer all he could handle in 2013. We were leading at half-time but couldn't hold. You guys should have beat MSU if not for the miracle play of the century.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT