ADVERTISEMENT

The new board.....

I agree it is confusing, cannot mark posts as read, hardly use this site now.

I agree it is confusing, cannot mark posts as read, hardly use this site now.
posts are marked as read automatically. They won't be bold once you've read them. The threads with bold titles are either ones you haven't read, or ones that have had new posts since you read it last. When you click on the latter, it takes you down to the first post you haven't read.

This is actually WAY better than the old board, just takes a bit to get used to.

posts are marked as read automatically. They won't be bold once you've read them. The threads with bold titles are either ones you haven't read, or ones that have had new posts since you read it last. When you click on the latter, it takes you down to the first post you haven't read.

This is actually WAY better than the old board, just takes a bit to get used to.
Drinking already this afternoon?

Except that some posts I do not want to read, just as before I could just mark them as a read. Now I have to open each one up individually instead of just marking them all.

On Scout if I go to the forum and no posts interest me I just go to upper left and click mark read. So next time they all appear as read and I can quickly ignore them.

Look in the upper left hand corner, you will see a string of options. In the left corner above the Michigan logo you will see 'Mark Forums Read'. That is where the option is at you are talking about.

On the other hand if there is particular threads you are looking to 'watch' then in the upper right next to where 'post new thread' is you will see 'watch thread'. And then in the upper left again you can click on 'watched threads' and just see those.

Hope that helps.

disagree, vehemently, respectfully.

disagree, vehemently, respectfully.
First and foremost, find me one popular message board across the interwebs that still uses thread view. To help quicken your search, you won't find one.

Secondly, people spend 10-12+ years using one type of message board and get on the new one for 10 minutes and have decided "this is the worst thing ever, may it burn in hell!!" Give it some legitimate time, it has many advantages, such as knowing exactly when someone responds to your post, as well as a host of other advantages. Sure, you can't pick and choose like thread view, but once you get used to it, it's pretty easy to follow.

Third, the old message board was so outdated and clunky, Rivals was having a hard time finding techs who had the knowledge to work on it, it was essentially a 50 year old car that nobody made parts for anymore. They had to change, and topic view is the standard for nearly all message boards across the internet.

I think they could use more of a guide up top to help users acclimate, but you can do a lot with this board that you couldn't before. You can tag users, watch threads, look at a news feed that includes only posts from people you follow, embed video, and a whole lot more.

Reactions: BLUEBOB52
I think they could use more of a guide up top to help users acclimate, but you can do a lot with this board that you couldn't before. You can tag users, watch threads, look at a news feed that includes only posts from people you follow, embed video, and a whole lot more.

I might be able to help a little in this area. We have a couple of threads discussing options and abilities on the SoundOff board. I will link the thread below to allow you guys to see it. It does a good job explaining options. And like I said. If you have questions feel free to email me. I am at Rivals_IB@Yahoo.com (Even though I am an evil Irish poster, I am happy to help)

Thread Features Click Here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT