hailtoyourvictor

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2012
Milwaukee
Through 4 games last year…
Austin Davis (4 starts) 18 points, 15 rebounds
Hunter Dickinson (0 starts) 56 points, 30 rebounds

It was abundantly clear that Dickinson was the more talented player and gave Michigan the highest upside. And yet people here argued that Davis should continue starting. So much so that I made a poll entering game five and 23% of voters voted for Davis to start.

A5338-A19-73-D3-4-E60-937-E-F32-CB50-BFE92.jpg

Of course we know how that turned out. Dickinson ended being a second team All American and arguably the best player on our team. And yet 4 games into the season, after it was clear he was better than Davis, people still thought Davis should start. That blew my mind back then.

Austin Davis was mediocre. Cade is mediocre. HD is a special talent. JJ is a special talent. While it’s highly unlikely JJ would be one of the best QBs in the country, there’s a tipping point somewhere when talent outweighs mediocrity.

I wish we could see JJ get the reigns for a couple series and see what he brings to the table. What’s there to lose in blowouts where Cade himself plays average to average? If it doesn’t work, we still win and know what we have in Cade to turn back to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News