ADVERTISEMENT

The best Rb to ever play at Michigan to you was ?

(caveat: just going with the people I actually have seen. Thus, no Tom Harmon, et cetera ....)

It's Wheatley --- but Jamie Morris is a VERY VERY close second. Morris' 1986 game against Ohio State was legendary.

Chris Perry is kind of underrated IMO. He's not at a Wheatley/Morris level, but he's definitely the best of this century.

Tough question. It would depend on down/distance. I loved watching Tony Boles before he got injured but wouldn't pick him in my top 5.

Off the top of my head...guys I have seen.

1. Biakabutuka (quick as a cat)
2. Hoard
3. Hart
4. Wheatley
5. Morris

Huckleby was fun to watch. The only guy who I think stood out above the rest was Timmy B. He was just so so talented...made it look easy.

Reactions: d-baye
Mike Hart was the most recent and most relevant good one. The 2004 season was the last one.

Denard Robinson! The guy was virtually unstoppable even though he was a QB. Had Rich Rod coached another couple years I think Denard would have broken every single NCAA record for total yards, etc.

Who would you pick..

TOM HARMON !! Won a Nat'l championship , Heisman trophy, Big Ten championship. Beat OSU time and again and even got a standing ovation at Columbus. Won 40-0 scored all the points! What else does he need to do ? Who else can states that ? GBGB"74

Reactions: biondonyc
I don't think who you beat matters though - it's how you perform. By that taken we can say that in the 90s every running back was great because we beat OSU, won a NC, etc...I am sure Tom Harmon was great but statistically and in today's game it's hard to argue against the more recent bunch. I look at how they dominated and capitalized once the line opened up lanes for them.
Wheatley was pure speed and he was gone
Denard was unreal - he made folks look stupid
Hart was pure power and will

Those would be my top 3.

Tom Harmon is the greatest back to ever play at U of M. Michigan has had many other outstanding backs, but they are all in second place or below.

Reactions: wolverines74
A lot of great ones for sure .... from an opponents point of view IMO it was Wheatley. Toughest to tackle, toughest to catch from behind. Those things combined were menacing for opponents.

It's got to be Hart because he coined the phrase "little brother" and you have been suffering for it ever since.

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

Best Michigan RB in a single game- Biakabutuka
best Michigan Running Back I can remember watching- Wheatly
Favorite Michigan Running Back- Larry Ricks (personal connection)

Best Michigan RB in a single game- Biakabutuka
best Michigan Running Back I can remember watching- Wheatly
Favorite Michigan Running Back- Larry Ricks (personal connection)

Klemman, I thought you were old like me and saw Harmon at the "SHOE" in 1940 get a standing Buckeye ovation. :) I hope all is well. I'm still fighting the good fight with my IPF and need of by-pass surgery. GBGB"74

I'm getting there. The Harmon I remember was his son Mark who led UCLA to an upset victory over OSU, a team the Bucks easily beat in the regular season. It cost Archie, Pete Johnson, and company a National Championship.

Keep up the fight 74 and keep us updated as well.

Reactions: wolverines74
Klemman, I thought you were old like me and saw Harmon at the "SHOE" in 1940 get a standing Buckeye ovation. :) I hope all is well. I'm still fighting the good fight with my IPF and need of by-pass surgery. GBGB"74

Sitting in the Big House in my S&G gear, in 1995, Biakajdbfsdfdsbtuka looked pretty good to me :( ..... Morris, Wheatley, Gordie Bell, and the A-train were pretty good also.

..... and god bless you 74, hope all goes well!

Sitting in the Big House in my S&G gear, in 1995, Biakajdbfsdfdsbtuka looked pretty good to me :( ..... Morris, Wheatley, Gordie Bell, and the A-train were pretty good also.

..... and god bless you 74, hope all goes well!

Laser, always print God with a capital. But I'm here to thank you for your friendship and ask for prayers this week when I go to Temple for new lung breathing tests and wisdom from my Lung Transplant Doctors. be safe and God Bless Go Blue . "74

Get better 74!!!! God bless!

Tough call but...

Best all time, Tom Harmon.

My all time favorite, not even close, Mike Hart. Mike was everything I loved about Michigan. Boy I miss watching him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT