ADVERTISEMENT

Still in it….

CtBlue03

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2001
Upper Holland, PA
While we’re all hurting today, this isn’t over. Michigan State could easily lose twice with O$U & PSU still on the schedule. And it wouldn’t shock me at all if they lost at Purdue this week after their Super Bowl win.

Even if they only lost once (say to O$U), we could win out and have a legitimate chance to make the playoff without going to Indy like Bama & O$U have done in the past.

Now winning out is asking a lot. O$U looks a little more beatable to me this year. Frankly I thought PSU outplayed them last night at the Shoe, but that defensive TD was too much to overcome. We get them at home and at some point, we have to beat these guys once and for all.

PSU looks tougher to me than I thought a week ago. Clifford, while hurt, looked good again. Receivers were making plays for them. Their rush defense looked great until they caved near the end. That surprised me because Illinois gashed them so badly a week ago. Maybe it’s an effort/focus thing based on the opponent. Obviously they’ll bring their A game when they face our rushing attack.

The team fought hard. Every break went against us. Refs were clueless on PI. The Ojabo-Hutch overturn was criminal. Heck, even Joey Galloway said Walker fumbled before the TD, but I felt it wasn’t conclusive even if we thought it to be true. That’s what makes the Ojabo-Hutch call tough to swallow. In any event, refocus and give it our best shot down the stretch. We’re not out of it yet….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News