ADVERTISEMENT

State looks formidable

Here's the one thing I will say - most people struggle with this. When it comes to rivalry games, you can throw the record, recruits, talent, etc out the door - it boils down to which team plays harder and together. Just look at Michigan - OSU the past 4 years...heck 2 years ago OSU was favored by 20 points I think, perhaps even more, and we almost beat them! I expect that Michigan will show up against MSU and it will not be like the games of past. Also don't forget that MSU has had the luxury of having 3 of the last 4 games at home with their only loss coming at Michigan...I think Spartan fans tend to kinda forget that fact. Home field makes a huge difference in rivalry games (pick any rivalry game in history and you will see a massive difference).

I am not sure who wins, on paper I would say MSU but I think Michigan will play harder in that game then any other game of the season - I expect there will be a lot of Jabrill on offense, trick plays, etc. I predict a Michigan win but I do not predict a blowout as I expect MSU will be favored by a TD likely.

An ignorant post^^^^. Air Force is one dimensional team, they average 400 YPG rushing and 70 YPG passing this year. They won't be capable of running on MSU's D-Line, they can't exploit MSU's problems in the secondary, and they aren't going to shutdown MSU's offense.

MSU will be up 4 TDs by halftime.

Just like they were against Western Michigan?

Just like they were against Western Michigan?

We're talking about Air Force not Western, try to keep up.
Anyway, I didn't predict MSU would be up on Western by 4 TDs. In fact the spread was 16, which was close to the final difference, 13.
Wanna know why the spread is so much higher for Air Force than Western?
Pay attention and you'll learn something.
It's all about matchups. On 'D' MSU matches up much better against Air Force than they do against Western.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT