ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of Swedes

Carl Hagelin has come up big so far in the NHL playoffs, eh?
I'm very conflicted. LOVE seeing Hagelin do well, but do not like the Penguins at all. I'll go with the Hagelin silver lining if the Pens do advance, but of the remaining teams in the playoffs they are at the bottom of my list of who I'd like to see win the cup.

Reactions: zeke76
I went nuts last off-season when the Rangers dumped him to Anaheim while the Black Hawks were asleep and then nuts again when the Pens got him while the Hawks were trading for Ryan Garbutt, Thomas Fleischmann and Dale Weise. Can you see Carl on a line with Patrick Kane or Artemi Panerin? Or all three together? Zoom-Zoom.

The three guys you mentioned made a combined salary of about $2 million this year, while Hagelin makes $4 million a year. The Hawks are already going to be way above the salary cap with all of Panarin's bonuses added in. They didn't have the flexibility to make a move like that.

Oh they don't now, for sure. Last off-season when they were moving players all over the place they might have been able to figure out how.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT