ADVERTISEMENT

Some great reading on BWI this week

michigangoblue999

All-League
Dec 21, 2011
Of course, they are pissed about the targeting call and have convinced themselves it is proof that the Big Ten is out to get them. Same exact thing they do every year. Nevermind how many times Michigan got screwed on targeting calls last year. It's just a bad rule that the refs aren't using very well. But nevermind, it's really a conspiracy against Penn State!

There's also a thread or two about Michigan fans wearing a "Joe Knew" t-shirt or displaying a similar sign. These fans are "ignorant," because we all know that Paterno didn't know anything about what Sandusky was doing. Also, "I wish I had done more" doesn't really mean that because "With the benefit of hindsight" completely negates it. Paterno wasn't saying he wishes he did more. Just the opposite, in fact. He was saying he did just enough. I think. Maybe.

You know, Penn State fans, if your school wasn't honoring Paterno during games and your fan base wasn't insanely insisting that Joe didn't do anything wrong, there would be a lot fewer t-shirts and signs. You are asking for it. How do you people not understand that?

And then there are some great threads bashing/defending Franklin. Sanctions excuses are frequent. Bushwood meltdowns are everywhere. Overall a good read. I give BWI two big thumbs-up this week. And it's only Tuesday!

Lmao. I did see a guy wearing a "joe knew" tshirt in the crowd just before kick off.
Youre right about the sanction whinning. I think thats why i got banned, because i said that that wasnt a good excuse anymore.
One guy was bitching about JH runningup the score, but in reality psu just couldn't stop any plays.

I thought the targetting call was pathetic - even as a Michigan fan. I do agree we did get screwed a lot last year by that call so they went the other way - but hey, rules are rules and honestly the outcome of the game would not have mattered.

As for sanctions, personally I think the college football committee should have suspended the PSU football program all together for 4-5 years versus the light hand slapping they got away with. Penn State has firmly established themselves as a "win at all costs program" by honoring Paterno and ignoring what happened under his nose, despite him knowing, and turning the other way because they were "winning". Penn State should go join the SEC or the BIG 12 - they would fit right in!

You guys started the meltdown. It will be epic when OSU torches them at home. If, by some wild chance, Rutgers beats them as well, they will burn the place down.

Reactions: W0LFIE
One guy said that they should respond with "Joe Knew Football" shirts/signs. Which of course just proves the point - he knew more about football than about actually doing the right thing when someone close to him committed horrible crimes.

Franklin Restores the Tradition is the dude to follow over there. He regularly ignores his med script and writes in unhinged font. Moonbat crazy, even the McAndrew regulars look at him sideways.

That is the legendary Bushwood CC / BODE poster. He's been banned several times, but they generally tolerate him for some reason. I wonder if he really thinks people read his page-long rants.

That is the legendary Bushwood CC / BODE poster. He's been banned several times, but they generally tolerate him for some reason. I wonder if he really thinks people read his page-long rants.

Dudes a nut.
He posted post after post of ranting about the winged helmet.
And the whinning about the sanctions was ridiculous. As if UM shouldve gone easier on them because of that.

Of course, they are pissed about the targeting call and have convinced themselves it is proof that the Big Ten is out to get them. Same exact thing they do every year. Nevermind how many times Michigan got screwed on targeting calls last year. It's just a bad rule that the refs aren't using very well. But nevermind, it's really a conspiracy against Penn State!

There's also a thread or two about Michigan fans wearing a "Joe Knew" t-shirt or displaying a similar sign. These fans are "ignorant," because we all know that Paterno didn't know anything about what Sandusky was doing. Also, "I wish I had done more" doesn't really mean that because "With the benefit of hindsight" completely negates it. Paterno wasn't saying he wishes he did more. Just the opposite, in fact. He was saying he did just enough. I think. Maybe.

You know, Penn State fans, if your school wasn't honoring Paterno during games and your fan base wasn't insanely insisting that Joe didn't do anything wrong, there would be a lot fewer t-shirts and signs. You are asking for it. How do you people not understand that?

And then there are some great threads bashing/defending Franklin. Sanctions excuses are frequent. Bushwood meltdowns are everywhere. Overall a good read. I give BWI two big thumbs-up this week. And it's only Tuesday!
you know no body said that we thought we were going to win but the refs certanly played some of a role at least because the calls factered into the loss some what at least. a few calls here a few calls their and ya never know what can happen. we werent saying we would of won but it would of been closer thats all. you guy have a great team and your coach always gos out their and coachs a great game every week.

you know no body said that we thought we were going to win but the refs certanly played some of a role at least because the calls factered into the loss some what at least. a few calls here a few calls their and ya never know what can happen. we werent saying we would of won but it would of been closer thats all. you guy have a great team and your coach always gos out their and coachs a great game every week.

Found this on your own board. The penalties have been lopsided in favor of Penn State. Even if Penn State had no penalties called against their team, you guys would say the refs didn't throw a bunch of flags they should have. What a joke.

Penalties for UM vs PSU (last 2 games)

Michigan : 20 for 197 yards
Penn State : 5 for 43 yards

Reactions: jackvan
Found this on your own board. The penalties have been lopsided in favor of Penn State. Even if Penn State had no penalties called against their team, you guys would say the refs didn't throw a bunch of flags they should have. What a joke.

Its more about the flags that they throw at certan times of the game at least to me. some of the plays that arent called are then later called as almost a make up call their are plays like this all the time! their were a few pi penaltys that werent called and a blaytant holding in the first half that really killed our momentim. as well as the targeting penalty that knocked out our best line backer at the time. we had a lot of penaltys in our favor yes but the only reason that happened was because they tried to cover up there mistakes from earlier in the game when it had more impact. i assume delany was involved.

and on a related note the head lines man was seen gesturing and making eye contact with some one in the crowd. i want to know who the person was and what kind of conection their might be. the head lines man went to western michigan so something stinks here i want to find out at least

and on a related note the head lines man was seen gesturing and making eye contact with some one in the crowd. i want to know who the person was and what kind of conection their might be. the head lines man went to western michigan so something stinks here i want to find out at least

Oh my god you are totally right. Also you remember that one time someone from the stands threw a wad of $100 bills at the head lines man and told him to call a penalty on PSU, and the other time where JH walked up to the refs and handed him the keys to his house in Atherton, CA to let Michigan score another TD. Man, you are right massive conspiracy! Crap, you should report this!

Oh my god you are totally right. Also you remember that one time someone from the stands threw a wad of $100 bills at the head lines man and told him to call a penalty on PSU, and the other time where JH walked up to the refs and handed him the keys to his house in Atherton, CA to let Michigan score another TD. Man, you are right massive conspiracy! Crap, you should report this!
im not saying its 100 persent true but their could be some legs to this. something stinks here like i said. a guy on our board was sitting front row and saw it happen. he interacted with the other guy in the crowd. like i said at least they might look in to it but if not oh well i guess at least we tried. the referine went to western michigan.

im not saying its 100 persent true but their could be some legs to this. something stinks here like i said. a guy on our board was sitting front row and saw it happen. he interacted with the other guy in the crowd. like i said at least they might look in to it but if not oh well i guess at least we tried. the referine went to western michigan.

Typical, absolutely insane, conspiracy from the penn state fans. As usual.

Typical, absolutely insane, conspiracy from the penn state fans. As usual.
do some reserch in to it. you might be suprised what you find out. we have a thread on it now. theirs some pretty convincing stuff. you guys tend to get the benafit of most calls when we play you at your house so im just saying at least you could check it out i mean at least you look in to it. its not a conspiracy though.

do some reserch in to it. you might be suprised what you find out. we have a thread on it now. theirs some pretty convincing stuff. you guys tend to get the benafit of most calls when we play you at your house so im just saying at least you could check it out i mean at least you look in to it. its not a conspiracy though.

Laughable again. It is all conspiracy, at best. You are ASSUMING that played a role in the call. I actually recall a couple of missed blatant hold calls on PSU in which they had pretty big gains last week. Fact is, the only conspiracy is the more than favorable calls PSU has received the last two years. And they still couldn't keep it marginally close.

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
Laughable again. It is all conspiracy, at best. You are ASSUMING that played a role in the call. I actually recall a couple of missed blatant hold calls on PSU in which they had pretty big gains last week. Fact is, the only conspiracy is the more than favorable calls PSU has received the last two years. And they still couldn't keep it marginally close.
well yeah when the refs are against us and their are a ton of injurys its hard to win. like i said well see whose laughing after the game next year.

I dispute that he didn't know, but I wouldn't come right out and say that on their board. I have a friend that played for Paterno and he told me that it was known back when he played ('86) that Sandusky had a thing for the little boys. Now, he told me this years before the scandal broke, so I won't name him. They'd eat him alive. I think that if players spoke of rumors, then more people know than are willing to admit. JMO.

I dispute that he didn't know, but I wouldn't come right out and say that on their board. I have a friend that played for Paterno and he told me that it was known back when he played ('86) that Sandusky had a thing for the little boys. Now, he told me this years before the scandal broke, so I won't name him. They'd eat him alive. I think that if players spoke of rumors, then more people know than are willing to admit. JMO.

If that's true --- the player, IMO, should come out and say it.

Now I know football teams and such do like to "keep things in the locker room" (Omerta of sorts), but that's not a secret (or a coach's legacy) worth protecting.

I'm not a Paterno Loyalist, but there is one thing that has struck me --- I don't think there is a single player who has come out in public and said "I had occasionally heard these rumors when I was at Penn State, this is something that would be occasionally said in whispers at player reuinions, et cetera ...."

Not a single player. Again, Omerta and all. But the lack of a single player does make me tend to believe that these rumors did not exist.

FWIW, I know a Macomb County based PSU player who was on that '86 team: I asked him and he said he never suspected a thing.

If that's true --- the player, IMO, should come out and say it.

Now I know football teams and such do like to "keep things in the locker room" (Omerta of sorts), but that's not a secret (or a coach's legacy) worth protecting.

I'm not a Paterno Loyalist, but there is one thing that has struck me --- I don't think there is a single player who has come out in public and said "I had occasionally heard these rumors when I was at Penn State, this is something that would be occasionally said in whispers at player reuinions, et cetera ...."

Not a single player. Again, Omerta and all. But the lack of a single player does make me tend to believe that these rumors did not exist.

FWIW, I know a Macomb County based PSU player who was on that '86 team: I asked him and he said he never suspected a thing.

Much easier said than done. And yeah, I remember being repulsed when he said it, but we moved on and I didn't think about it again until the scandal. We didn't go into details. I just assumed that it got addressed and they got the guy some help. I didn't know the extent of it until it broke. My guess is that he doesn't want to be that one guy. His brother also played on the team, so he has the potential of bringing on tensions within his own family by speaking up. No, it's not right not to speak up, but I believe that he still participates in that community and he would become a pariah. I'd hope that we all would do the right thing, but I can totally understand, in this case, why you wouldn't, especially sinceSandusky is in prison and Joe has passed.

So, I just looked him up to make sure that I had the time frame correct and I was off by a year. All of this doubt made me start to doubt :). He was on the 1987 team, not the 86. Not that it makes a difference since it was MANY years before the scandal. Just to underscore the strangeness of this whole deal, I did a search on his brother. His brother shows up on a list of former players that petitioned to have Paterno's statue put back up. You mean to tell me that either my buddy made this up out of the blue, and then it became real much later, or that my buddy is telling the truth about at least himself knowing, but his brother didn't know about it? Freaking dirty secret that they want to bury, IMO.

I suspect there are a fair number of people who knew to some degree what Sandusky was doing. The number of victims and long, long amount of time that this went on pretty much ensure this. What probably happened was that they saw the boss (Paterno) doing nothing, and as he was a legend on campus that everyone respected, they probably didn't feel comfortable blowing the whistle themselves. This kind of thing unfortunately happens in a lot of large organizations.

And now, these guys don't have an alternative but to clam up, because to admit you had knowledge of serial child molestation and did nothing isn't a great thing for your reputation or career.

As a PSU grad and someone that's been somewhat close to the program for the past 20 years, I never heard a negative word said about Sandusky until a little over a year before the scandal broke (it was September of 2010). At the time, I was told that everything would all break after election day, which didn't make much sense to me, but did after I found out about how involved the Governor was in everything and how political it became (still doesn't make sense really to this day, since shouldn't protecting kids come before politics). Also not sure why it took 7 Grand Jurys (I think that's what it was) to bring up charges. 6 Grand Juries saw the evidence and thought that leaving Jerry on the street with kids was ok?

I've talked to probably about 5-6 former players from different eras (some from the 90's, others from the 2000's), and none of them had any suspicions about Jerry (or heard rumors). In fact, most of them did volunteer work for the 2nd Mile and were sick that they could have contributed to bringing more kids into the fold.

I also have a friend in the athletic department that went to church with Jerry (and another that wasn't in ICA that went to church with him), and he actually heard about Jerry's rumors from me when I asked him about it in the fall of 2010. Others that I respect pretty well from the community also said that they never heard any rumors, and instead always thought of him as such a great guy with his charity work.

Is it possible that some of these people are lying? Sure, I guess. Some of the players I just know socially so I guess maybe they didn't want to get into things, but it certainly wasn't this poorly kept secret that everyone in State College discussed that some like to make it out to be.

Anyways, just wanted to give some more perspective from a PSU alum.

Reactions: jackvan
I suspect there are a fair number of people who knew to some degree what Sandusky was doing. The number of victims and long, long amount of time that this went on pretty much ensure this. What probably happened was that they saw the boss (Paterno) doing nothing, and as he was a legend on campus that everyone respected, they probably didn't feel comfortable blowing the whistle themselves. This kind of thing unfortunately happens in a lot of large organizations.

And now, these guys don't have an alternative but to clam up, because to admit you had knowledge of serial child molestation and did nothing isn't a great thing for your reputation or career.

Very good post. We have seen the same thing happen in other organizations, so there is absolutely no reason to think it couldn't happen at Penn State.

With all the victims, surely a number of them complained and were subsequently ignored or otherwise quieted.

And, yeah, nobody is going to come forward now and say they heard the rumors. They would get shredded.

Tom is sometimes a bit slow over at BWI --- but he'll figure out that you're a 100% imposter soon enough.
Tom does a fantastic job at the BWI so i take offence to that. Just because my opinion is diferent then youres doesnt mean you have to get angry and lie. Sorry you dont agree with my opinions maybe you need to do some research to.

Maybe you should share that tid bit with your mods on bwi, because evidently speaking your opinion will get you banned.

The best is the complaining of the officiating. If it weren't for some blatantly missed holding calls on psu, it very well could have been a shutout for Michigan

Tom does a fantastic job at the BWI so i take offence to that. Just because my opinion is diferent then youres doesnt mean you have to get angry and lie. Sorry you dont agree with my opinions maybe you need to do some research to.

I'll have to check out "the" BWI.

Now what fan base is full of folk who use the word "the" all the time? Hmmmm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT