ADVERTISEMENT

So post game, Costello predicted MSU wins out, including

a national championship. Interesting.

he just had the game of his life, I'll chalk it up to irrational exuberance. I think they are more likely to go 1-3 in their next 4 games than they are to win out the rest of the season.

Reactions: ckgoblue
he just had the game of his life, I'll chalk it up to irrational exuberance. I think they are more likely to go 1-3 in their next 4 games than they are to win out the rest of the season.

^^This.

Naturally, I'd love for him to be right but it only takes one loss for him to be wrong.
The funny thing, too, is that even if we did win out, it'd still be a challenge to win the B1G with the pace already set by Iowa, Indiana (schedule notwithstanding) and even 2 loss teams Mich/Maryland. Whoever emerges as the B1G champion(s) will certainly have earned it.

Reactions: Jtrader
Izzo has been there 5 times....I don't see this as a team that can't make it. I am not an MSU fan by any means, but this team could come together at the right time, like a lot of his teams.

There are about 20 or 30 teams in the country that could make it. MSU isn't special in that regard. It's winning 4 games at the right time, anywhere from 1 to 3 of which might be vs ranked opponents.

It's a pretty impressive record he has put together in the tourney. I still think he is a jerk on the sidelines, and his press conferences after he gets beat by UofM are borderline disrespectful, but his record is impressive. Hate to say it, but he has Breslin rocking at every game.

That said, I will be seeing the maize and blue play at Madison Square Garden this weekend. Maybe the NY Michigan fans can get rowdy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT