ADVERTISEMENT

Betting Sharpening The Edge: Daily Picks (2/8)

brandonjustice

Senior Editor
Staff
May 24, 2016
Woodhaven, MI
REMINDER: Our picks will drop every day at noon, however, we will add more picks if needed in the thread. Keep up with it throughout the day.

LAST WEEK: 7-4
THIS WEEK: 2-2

It's a lengthy board today so bare with me!

Today's picks:

NCAAB:

Game: AUB (-2) @ ARK, 7:00PM
Edges:
Line has moved in the Razorbacks' direction, from 2.5 down to 2 and may close at the 1-to-1.5 mark. A staggering 92% of the cash is on Arkansas with the points, compared to 24% of tickets. Sharp money coming on Arkansas has pushed the money out and moved the line down, despite Auburn's win streak and undeniably excellent season. Arkansas, at 18-5, is having a pretty good one as well, covering in four-straight games and all as favorites. Give me the 'Backs.
Pick: ARK +2

Game: WISC @ MSU, 7:00PM (O/U 139)
Edges:
Three out of Wisconsin's last four games have gone under. The Badgers will try to keep this game at its pace. According to Covers, under Greg Gard the under is 41-24 when Wisconsin is an underdog. The last time these two teams played, it was a high-scoring affair in which the Spartans won. The Badgers will look to slow it down and bully it out in order to win.
Pick: u139

Game: CMU @ BALLST, 7:00PM (O/U 146)
Edges:
There's been strong sharp movement here which has moved the line from 149 down to 146, and it's probably not done moving as 98% of the money is on the under, which means almost anyone betting this game is on the under. And those betting this game are, probably, pros who see something spicy with that total. Get it before it keeps dipping, IMO.
Pick: u146

NBA:

Game: PHX @ PHI, 7:00PM (O/U 218.5)
Edges:
The line elevated two points from 216 to 218 this morning. At 218.5, with the shooters Phoenix, off a back-to-back, is bringing to Philly to compete with Joel Embiid (o/u 31.5 points) and Tyrese Maxey (o/u 16.5) intrigues me. I think these two teams are going to score tonight, especially given the line's trajectory.
Pick: o218.5

DOG OF THE DAY!

NHL VALUE PICK: CBJ +210 -- Line has moved from +225 down to +210 and there's heavy action on the value here with CBJ at a $210 payback on a $100 bet. The NHL is unpredictable and day-by-day, so at +210 with action I'll be riding with a Columbus team tonight. Sorry!

I have AT LEAST one more pick coming in the thread later ... I'm loving a NBA team at 10 p.m. Will update later.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News