ADVERTISEMENT

Season ending thoughts

alfadriver

Junior
Feb 8, 2006
Somewhere on the walk to Yost.
Now that the college hockey season is really over, some thoughts.

So it looks like noda just was that good. Frustrating, but true. Other than Denver we had a good game against them. Still hard to take.

On that, I think it's good to be that hard to take, as the team was much better this year than the last few. We didn't back into the tournament, it was earned, and convincingly.

"There is always next year" is true. Yes, it's highly likely that we will lose the top 3 scorers in the nation, and one of the top scoring defenseman. But we have seen the younger guys score, and Racine showed how valuable Steve Shields is, And it seems like a lot of talent is coming to Ann Arbor next year. Could be a great year.

National honors are odd. Last year the best numbers beat the better Hobey. So it was natural to expect the same this year. Sucks. But it was also odd to see one of the finalists who also was the richter winner be voted the second best goalie in the east. Odd.

I hope someday Mel can come back. Not because of all the reasons most think. He's a really nice guy. We've run into him for the last 3 FFs and enjoy talking to him. Makes one happy that Tech has gotten better.

The B1G needs to really step it up. All of us. Especially Michigan. :)

I'm sure I'll think of more, but going on more of a vacation after Tampa, I want to not really think of hockey...

Go Blue!

Reactions: MichaelSpath
Yah, there is some satisfaction (or maybe, consolation) in knowing that the team that knocked us out won the NC. That also happened, BTW, in 2001, 2002 and 2003 (and, obviously, in 2011) and maybe in some other years I can't remember.

I don't follow the recruiting that much, so I am interested in who folks think, among our incoming freshman forwards, can supply some scoring next season? I'm asking because I was recently looking at these players' YTD statistics on the various teams they are on this year, and none of them seems to be putting up very impressive offense numbers. Also, can Lockwood and Pastujov play center? We may have only Marody and Shuart returning at center for next season, unless you also count Talcott who played in 2 games this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT