ADVERTISEMENT

Same Old Brady Hoke- Excuses and Mum On Harbaugh Hire

Interesting article on Brady today and same old stuff. Excuses, excuses with a Brandon love fest and a compliment for Rich Rod and himself about what great coaches they are. He failed to mention what a lousy job they did at Michigan.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...chigan-football-brady-hoke-harbaugh/31729773/

Hoke must have watched the 1960's GE College Bowl on Sunday afternoons. . Michigan was on each week and WON the darn thing with Robert Q. Lewis as one of the 3 grads. We kicked butt in that completion and I was proud of the old alums holding up their end. Hoke knows better than to talk about graduation as THEE number 1 goal. It is not the GE College Bowl. GBGB"74

i will say this about Rich Rod and Hoke, they both focused a lot on academics and grad rate which were in the tiolet under Carr. Kudos to them both for that!

i will say this about Rich Rod and Hoke, they both focused a lot on academics and grad rate which were in the tiolet under Carr. Kudos to them both for that!

Bull S***. Hoke started talking about the importance of academics when the new pres was hired and he knew his win percentage sucked!!!!! Look at Dennis Norfleets academic situation. Also, Rich Rod recruited players that could not even get into Michigan. Are you kidding me?.....

Hoke and Dick Rod needed to focus on football because they damn sure missed out on that one as the HC....

Reactions: wolverines74
What I thought was the most interesting part of the interview wasn't any perceived bitterness (yes) or trumping up the graduation rate (funny) but the claim by Hoke that it's tough to win with such a YOUNG team. That' right boys and girls..after 4 years coach Hoke was claiming the youth excuse.

Was coach Hoke claiming this year (#5) was the big time season? or does a coach need 7 years. Yes, coach Hoke didn't inherit the best possible roster but just look at a good coach...BB at Arkansas.

They guy is in his 3rd year after inheriting garbage from the previous regimes and his team looks good....in the SEC. I watched them last year and they looked solid and ended the season with some good victories. Come on coach...you got 4 years and the program was going in the wrong direction. Did you watch your offense on film?

Look at your program...UM was floundering at best. It was firmly entrenched in 2nd tier status going forward. It was Iowa/Ferentz. You built UM into SDSU. Take off the self interest glasses coach...no AD is going to be able to hire you at a major college program. I'd rather have Bob Davies as coach. You are a version of Bobby Williams.

Go back to being a position coach..that is where you talent lies. You got a great gig and were paid unbelieveably well for your time. Congrats to you and only well wishes going forward.

Reality Man

Reactions: bluehart
A position coach is exactly what Brady Hoke is and there is nothing wrong with that. We all know he is not a HC. What I can't stand is for a man in a leadership position of any kind including being a parent, husband, or whatever to use excuses when they have clearly failed. Brady was paid millions of dollars to do what 99% of us would only dream about doing. He failed at many levels as the HC which resulted in losses on the playing field. All I heard during his tenure is what a nice guy he is. This interview has proven to me otherwise and reflected upon his selfishness which is why he is finger pointing. Him and Dave Brandon deserved each other and then they both deserved to be fired for FAILING at their jobs. I love how he mentioned Brandon's job success as AD was all about money yet he failed to mention the chaos he caused in the athletic dept and how he alienated Michigan fans. Good riddance Brady!!

Last edited:
Bull S***. Hoke started talking about the importance of academics when the new pres was hired and he knew his win percentage sucked!!!!! Look at Dennis Norfleets academic situation. Also, Rich Rod recruited players that could not even get into Michigan. Are you kidding me?.....

Hoke and Dick Rod needed to focus on football because they damn sure missed out on that one as the HC....

That is where I disagree with you. I am not advocating that those guys were great for Michigan - I am saying that they certainly did not compromise academics. Now you have to be able to manage both unless you are and SEC school (except Vandy) or Florida State in which case you just need to be able to spell your name, however, they did both focus on improving academics. You are citing random examples to prove your point. However, the grad rate for seniors under Carr was one of the lowest in the BIG towards the end of his career - as low as MSU. I believe we are now tops with Northwestern. Yes Hoke was a terrible football coach and I am not saying everything made it ok - I wanted him gone after Season 3, not sure we he got Season 4. However, kids graduated and even kids like Gardner that may not stick in the Pros has an education that will help him be successful in life.

What I thought was the most interesting part of the interview wasn't any perceived bitterness (yes) or trumping up the graduation rate (funny) but the claim by Hoke that it's tough to win with such a YOUNG team. That' right boys and girls..after 4 years coach Hoke was claiming the youth excuse.

Was coach Hoke claiming this year (#5) was the big time season? or does a coach need 7 years. Yes, coach Hoke didn't inherit the best possible roster but just look at a good coach...BB at Arkansas.

They guy is in his 3rd year after inheriting garbage from the previous regimes and his team looks good....in the SEC. I watched them last year and they looked solid and ended the season with some good victories. Come on coach...you got 4 years and the program was going in the wrong direction. Did you watch your offense on film?

Look at your program...UM was floundering at best. It was firmly entrenched in 2nd tier status going forward. It was Iowa/Ferentz. You built UM into SDSU. Take off the self interest glasses coach...no AD is going to be able to hire you at a major college program. I'd rather have Bob Davies as coach. You are a version of Bobby Williams.

Go back to being a position coach..that is where you talent lies. You got a great gig and were paid unbelieveably well for your time. Congrats to you and only well wishes going forward.

Reality Man
AGP. We had maybe the worst OL in the country 2 yrs ago when we were "too young". Last year they improved to merely awful. I'm sure once Clappy and Funk had 5 5th yr seniors starting we may have skyrocketed to below average. I am not buying the youth excuse 4 years in with a roster of his own recruits.

Just look at last year...compare UM (2013) and Arkansas (2014) to understand the difference in coaching. Look at the losses and wins.

Look at how competitive Arkansas is in the losses against quality teams. Look at how the team gets better as the season progresses and its the 2nd year of the Beilema tenure. You can see the difference. I watched Arkansas early last year and the team looked good. It passed the eye test. Not all 7-6 records are equal.

This is the problem with Hoke. He doesn't see the obvious. That Arkansas team that was 7-6 last year would demolish the 7-6 UM team in 2013. See the UConn and Akron games. It's best win was a fluke against Northwestern.

See how Minny domindated UM last year. UM wasn't just losing it was getting pummeled by any good team. If I saw UM play like Arkansas last year then I would have supported Hoke and staff. Most of us fans aren't blind. We can see the product on the field. I would accept a 7-5 UM football team this year and be excited if I could see a competent team.

You can't convince me UM was better than Va Tech other than for one game. UM could have easily had another 3-5 losses over the Hoke tenure. Don't kid yourself. Hoke was even worse than his record.

Reality Man

I
Interesting article on Brady today and same old stuff. Excuses, excuses with a Brandon love fest and a compliment for Rich Rod and himself about what great coaches they are. He failed to mention what a lousy job they did at Michigan.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...chigan-football-brady-hoke-harbaugh/31729773/
Interestingly, Clappy said on Sirius today that it takes 5-6 years to "build a program". Conveniently, this is slightly more time than he got at UM, so he's off the hook. This doesn't explain why he seemed to be building it in reverse, as his record got worse each year.
Another thing that Clappy didn't explain-he said RR is a " hell of a coach". If so, why did Hoke need to "build" UM, as a great coach like RR clearly would've left things in great shape.

Reactions: wolverines74
A position coach is exactly what Brady Hoke is and there is nothing wrong with that. We all know he is not a HC. What I can't stand is for a man in a leadership position of any kind including being a parent, husband, or whatever to use excuses when they have clearly failed. Brady was paid millions of dollars to do what 99% of us would only dream about doing. He failed at many levels as the HC which resulted in losses on the playing field. All I heard during his tenure is what a nice guy he is. This interview has proven to me otherwise and reflected upon his selfishness which is why he is finger pointing. Him and Dave Brandon deserved each other and then they both deserved to be fired for FAILING at their jobs. I love how he mentioned Brandon's job success as AD was all about money yet he failed to mention the chaos he caused in the athletic dept and how he alienated Michigan fans. Good riddance Brady!!

Brady Hoke isn't even a good position coach, but hey, if you need rose coloured glass and self interest first, Brady Hoke can help you out.

N i t t a n y A m e r i c a

Brady Hoke isn't even a good position coach, but hey, if you need rose coloured glass and self interest first, Brady Hoke can help you out.

Ped A m e r i c a
He didn't enable peds or poop himself on national TV, so he's got that...

Last edited:
He didn't enable peds or poop himself on national TV, so he's got that...

I have no idea who you are referencing, but I am sure you do?

Nice to see you stick up for Brady Hoke. No one else in America thinks he was a good hire or a very good coach. But hey, to each they see as they wish to see, etc.

I think nearly every college fan knows what coach piped in his pants on National TV. I'll give you a hint: he was wearing one color pair of pants when he left the field at halftime and another color when he returned. It was more noticeable because of the black tennis shoes he wears on the field.

And that would be....... Joe Pa!!!!!!!!!!

Had no idea that you were verse and chaptered in JoePa's pants. Be that as it may, the thread is about Brady Hoke. If you think he was a great coach, why did Michigan fire him?

Had no idea that you were verse and chaptered in JoePa's pants. Be that as it may, the thread is about Brady Hoke. If you think he was a great coach, why did Michigan fire him?

Ped A m e r i c a
I never said Clappy was a great coach, even a 'tard who loves ped enablers like you can see that. I said he at least didn't poop himself on national TV like your pathetic hero. Apparently you struggle with reading comprehension as well as morals. It must suck to be you.

I never said Clappy was a great coach, even a 'tard who loves ped enablers like you can see that. I said he at least didn't poop himself on national TV like your pathetic hero. Apparently you struggle with reading comprehension as well as morals. It must suck to be you.

Have no idea what you are ranking about, but if Brady Hoke is your guy then who am I to say otherwise? As to being and morality, if you are looking in a mirror what do you see? Exactly, and there lies the rub.

You must think you are one cool dude, but we are... LOL !!!

Have no idea what you sure ranking about, but if Brady Hoke is your guy then who am I to say otherwise? As to being and morality, if you are looking in a mirror what do you see? Exactly, and there lies the rub.

Ped A m e r i c a

You must think you are one cool dude, but we are... LOL !!!
Thanks for proving both my points. You're dismissed.

We get that you can't follow what's going on, you've made that perfectly clear. You're dismissed. Go back to GKI and the pedfest and conspiracy theories.
Stupid people can be funny...

Stupid people can be funny and it helps explain your posts. No need to share all your reflections/projections we can see you clearly without them.

Here is your funny, Brady Hoke was a great coach that is why Michigan fired him?????

Stupid people can be funny and it helps explain your posts. No need to share all your reflections/projections we can see you clearly without them.

Here is your funny, Brady Hoke was a great coach that is why Michigan fired him?????

You never make any sense. You are really bad at this trash talking stuff.

No need to talk trash or play the potty mouth game. Leave that to the rest of the B!G. The topic was Hoke. I don't think he was a great coach or a great hire. I didn't think so at the start and don't think it now. Of course at the start I was called out and called the usual trash by those who know less then even Ohio State fans can bare, but I find it interesting that I am being called out NOW when Michigan fired the coach you are NOW saying is great because why????? He coached at Michigan????

If losing is the measuring stick, I stand corrected.

If losing is greatness, then that is way too funny for words...

No wonder Ohio State makes all the Hitler videos. The material is too good to pass up...

My goodness, he's more stupid than I gave him credit for. What is the fixation with "Hoke is a great coach" when nobody is saying that? Do you have to be insane to be a Penn St fan, or does being a Penn St fan make you go insane?

This thread is asking the question is Brady Hoke good coach? I have an interest in this questions as I was questioned when I questioned this hire. You see, I want the B!G to be good, but the hire of Brady Hoke put that in question so of course I questioned it when Michigan fans began to question my questioning. Unfortunately, Brady Hoke, the man in question, failed. Now all of a sudden when I bring up the fact that I once questioned this hire, I am now again being questioned for why I ever questioned it?? I ask the question, if Brady Hoke was so good, why did Michigan fire him? Of course this now raise a new crop of questions, but alas I am at a loss for words, as I am still awaiting the answer to my original question.

Do you have any questions on this?

When you finally arrive at the day after tomorrow, you won't be here any more !!!

This thread is asking the question is Brady Hoke good coach? I have an interest in this questions as I was questioned when I questioned this hire. You see, I want the B!G to be good, but the hire of Brady Hoke put that in question so of course I questioned it when Michigan fans began to question my questioning. Unfortunately, Brady Hoke, the man in question, failed. Now all of a sudden when I bring up the fact that I once questioned this hire, I am now again being questioned for why I ever questioned it?? I ask the question, if Brady Hoke was so good, why did Michigan fire him? Of course this now raise a new crop of questions, but alas I am at a loss for words, as I am still awaiting the answer to my original question.

Do you have any questions on this?

Ped A m e r i c a

When you finally arrive at the day after tomorrow, you won't be here any more !!!
We're questioning why you're such an idiot and ped lover. Only you know why you support kids being abused, but it's shameful and pathetic.

We're questioning why you're such an idiot and ped lover. Only you know why you support kids being abused, but it's shameful and pathetic.

You sir claim to KNOW a lot about a lot of people, good, bad or indifferent. Interesting that for all your knowledge you chose to keep silent until now, why? I venture to guess it is because you don't know anything at all really. Well, well, well, thank you for sharing your know nothing with the rest of us.

On the other hand, maybe you do know something and you are the one we should all be watching because you were there? Or at least you clearly act like you were there.

To the topic: is Brady Hoke a good coach or not?

You sir claim to KNOW a lot about a lot of people, good, bad or indifferent. Interesting that for all your knowledge you chose to keep silent until now, why? I venture to guess it is because you don't know anything at all really. Well, well, well, thank you for sharing your know nothing with the rest of us.

On the other hand, maybe you do know something and you are the one we should all be watching because you were there? Or at least you clearly act like you were there.

To the topic: is Brady Hoke a good coach or not?

Ped A m e r i c a
To the topic: Did JoePed fail all those kids by letting his pal Sandusky run wild? Yes, yes he did.
But you're OK with that.

To the topic: Did JoePed fail all those kids by letting his pal Sandusky run wild? Yes, yes he did.
But you're OK with that.

If what you say is true ( which it's not ), the NCAA would not have given back the wins. JoePa would have been charged and Fina the lead investigator would be on record with charges against JoePa. Oh wait Fina is on record saying over and over again, JoePa followed the letter of the law. The OAG never filed any charges. What JoePa did do is the NCAA by laws for reporting. So dude you were there.

So dude since you were there, why didn't you report?

Kettle meet black. Enable, please fill us in... Get it fill us in...

How about that Brady Hoke?

If what you say is true ( which it's not ), the NCAA would not have given back the wins. JoePa would have been charged and Fina the lead investigator would be on record with charges against JoePa. Oh wait Fina is on record saying over and over again, JoePa followed the letter of the law. The OAG never filed any charges. What JoePa did do is the NCAA by laws for reporting. So dude you were there.

So dude since you were there, why didn't you report?

Kettle meet black. Enable, please fill us in... Get it fill us in...

How about that Brady Hoke?

Ped A m e r i c a
Yeah-I was at work one day, one of my employees ran in and said somebody was being sexually assaulted. My response was to send an email THE FOLLOWING DAY to my boss. Not to stop it or call the police or anything.
You really are this pathetic...

Yeah-I was at work one day, one of my employees ran in and said somebody was being sexually assaulted. My response was to send an email THE FOLLOWING DAY to my boss. Not to stop it or call the police or anything.
You really are this pathetic...

So in other words you did nothing. And you preach to the rest of us.

Great !

So in other words you did nothing. And you preach to the rest of us.

Great !

Ped A m e r i c a
Goodness, you truly ARE this big an idiot. I was hoping it was just an act.
I was just following the example of your hero, JoePed. You decided when he did nothing it was fine, but if I ignore a sexual assault I'm a bad person?
Make up your mind, 'tard.

Goodness, you truly ARE this big an idiot. I was hoping it was just an act.
I was just following the example of your hero, JoePed. You decided when he did nothing it was fine, but if I ignore a sexual assault I'm a bad person?
Make up your mind, 'tard.

No do nothing, it is all preaching to the rest of us when you did nothing at the moment of crisis, but hey, I wasn't there so who am I to judge. Like you should be aware not to judge. But that isn't who you are.

Chi Town Blue Fan-That is hilarious!!! I read that posting earlier by the Joker and I died laughing. I knew that someone would respond harshly. This might run him off our board!!!!!
He walked right into it. Like a lamb to the slaughter.
Now I'm sure he'll come up with some oddball explanation how this all makes sense.
He's so outraged that I would just send an email a day later...Classic.

Chi Town Blue Fan-That is hilarious!!! I read that posting earlier by the Joker and I died laughing. I knew that someone would respond harshly. This might run him off our board!!!!!

I am being call a pedofile and I am the one who takes the hit when I present logic?

We're done here. You're dismissed. Back to GKI with you, ped lover.

We play you right before Ohio State this year in Happy Valley. Should be a nice warm up for the Ohio State game in Ann Arbor. Nice way to finish the season.

Looking forward to it.

What happens of Hardball tanks the last two games this year? What happens?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT