ADVERTISEMENT

Saban: Satellite camps like U-M's are 'ridiculous'

Harbaugh: pissing other coaches off without coaching a down of football yet. Way to go Jim - you're like a honey badger.

Damn, I haven't been this pumped for Michigan football since the Henne era.

Harbaugh: pissing other coaches off without coaching a down of football yet. Way to go Jim - you're like a honey badger.

Damn, I haven't been this pumped for Michigan football since the Henne era.
sucks when you can stick it to the SEC coaches within the rules. They have no idea how to respond. Someone should ask Saban why he thinks this is ridiculous, but surprise greyshirts and unneeded medical hardships are not. They're all within the rules, are they not?

Reactions: St. Joe Blue 3
How ridiculous, Nick. Do you have to win every national championship to be happy? What a miserable guy.

Nick is remarkably miserable for the success he's had. I get that we're all wired differently as individuals, but I don't get Saban at all.

Funny thing is, big picture: how many players are U-M (or any other northern school doing these southern camps) really going to get? One every few years? If a player is truly worth getting for the likes of U-M or Alabama, they are already on everybody's radar. These camps are not some radical game-changer.

Nick is remarkably miserable for the success he's had. I get that we're all wired differently as individuals, but I don't get Saban at all.

Funny thing is, big picture: how many players are U-M (or any other northern school doing these southern camps) really going to get? One every few years? If a player is truly worth getting for the likes of U-M or Alabama, they are already on everybody's radar. These camps are not some radical game-changer.

No. But it does bring Michigan (or whoever) Football down there. A "roadshow" is always more impressive than a letter to a recruit.

Jim Harbaugh is exactly what UM football needed....I love this guy. He speaks his mind, does what he wants and doesn't care what others think which is kind of refreshing in Ann Arbor. Saban is a complete hypocrite. The dude oversigns all the time and cuts players which is simply unethical. Harbaugh couldn't care less with what Saban or other coaches think of him. Harbaugh is a little crazy and I love it!

Saban likes to pretend that he is spouting some kind of ethical issue when really he's just politicking for things to go in his favor.

Much like all his pontificating about how the up tempo and no huddle schemes were a threat to player safety. But he doesn't admit that the greater risk to player safety is having his waves of 300 lb linemen slamming into players wearing Florida Atlantic and Western Kentucky jerseys.

AGP-He mostly can't stop no huddle/spread offenses, so somehow they're "not safe". Funny stuff.
It is also interesting that SEC schools can sign 25+ kids year after year yet magically never go over the 85 schollie limit. Saban has no problem with that, but UM going to FB camps is a terrible thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT